Just ordered Uke solos!

ainokeato

Reaction score
:D I can't wait to get it lol :) picking is fun for me so I can't wait. And I believe this will be my actual first music lesson that doesn't solely depend on learning a specific song. What about everyone else did you guys enjoy the DVD?

I am right behind you Ainokeato...I have to get UU solo too! Probably will place my order tomorrow. COOL! I hope you enjoy it!:)

i got mine during the east coast tour and i love it! its actually an instructional cd that doesnt feel useless after one viewing. i feel like i can go back to it 100 more times and still learn new things, which is awesome. you can build on your knowledge and skill view after view.

to what are you referring

Hello,

This all sounds interesting but I am not sure as to which material you are referring. Could you be so kind as to explain?

Is this too advanced for a severely green beginner player? Or would you recommend it?

Thanks!

Neil

Is this too advanced for a severely green beginner player? Or would you recommend it?

Thanks!

Neil

Based on my experience when I asked a variation of that question I would say yes. But then after reading the description I think it would be really good for beginners. It teaches you music theories chord scales and such. It also teaches picking techniques along with strumming I believe (which will be very useful for my dad since he has difficulties with chucking). The soloing workshop might be difficult for severely green beginners, but if you consider yourself intelligent maybe it'll help a lot.

I'll edit this when the DVD gets here :) can't wait.

And no the price has been the same "to my knowledge" since when AG announced it in one of his live stream things a while back. 20 bucks 5 more for shipping to the US anyways.

Based on my experience when I asked a variation of that question I would say yes. But then after reading the description I think it would be really good for beginners. It teaches you music theories chord scales and such. It also teaches picking techniques along with strumming I believe (which will be very useful for my dad since he has difficulties with chucking). The soloing workshop might be difficult for severely green beginners, but if you consider yourself intelligent maybe it'll help a lot.

I'll edit this when the DVD gets here :) can't wait.

And no the price has been the same "to my knowledge" since when AG announced it in one of his live stream things a while back. 20 bucks 5 more for shipping to the US anyways.
I got mine a week or so ago, but have been so busy I haven't been able to go through the whole thing. I don't think there are to many out there that are more "severely green" than me (I only took up the uke in September) and I've found tons of usefull stuff in the dvd. Yes it's probably geared to intermediate to advanced players, but a lot of great stuuf for us noobs too! Aldrene's teaching style really makes sense of things and make them easier for me to grasp. I think it was money well spent, and would recommend it to anyone.

I got mine a week or so ago, but have been so busy I haven't been able to go through the whole thing. I don't think there are to many out there that are more "severely green" than me (I only took up the uke in September) and I've found tons of usefull stuff in the dvd. Yes it's probably geared to intermediate to advanced players, but a lot of great stuuf for us noobs too! Aldrene's teaching style really makes sense of things and make them easier for me to grasp. I think it was money well spent, and would recommend it to anyone.

I would agree with you to :) even hard concepts are easy to learn if you do it through Aldrine, if he hasn't already he would be a really really good music teacher lol.

Thanks!

Neil

I received my copy last week. It has a lot of basic scale info and application. For beginners, learning your scales will help you to become more familiar with your fingerboard. (Say the name of each note as you are playing through the scales, slowly) Also, as you become more advanced, knowing your scales will help you to build chords without always having to look them up in a chord finder book. All that being said, I do recommend this video for beginners and advanced players as well.

Jon

I just received mine this morning and looked at about half of it over lunch. I agree with Jon: it is a great tool for beginners who'll learn the scales and grow with it. For an intermediate like me, it got me back into scales and the importance of them in chord structure, song structure and leads. I was always trapped in the pentatonic box (coming from guitar for leads) and this DVD will surely open things up for my playing. I'm gonna get back into scales for bass, too. I'm really glad I got this.

Top Bottom