Favorite Christmas Song

I've been working on "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas". White Christmas is my wifes favorite Christmas movie.

I've been working on a version of "I'll Be Home for Christmas" right now. So as of the moment, that is my fave.

I just got a book of xmas songs, and have added "Deck the halls", and "It came upon a midnight clear" to my songlist. It's got about 30 songs in it, but I think I will learn another 3 or so.

I typically play "Greensleeves" during the xmas time. Now I know 3 xmas songs!!!
Cheers,
Skottoman

I have been loving this one for New Year's
http://www.microshare.net/tabulearn/?page_id=56
It's Auld Lang Syne for low G. Easy tab arrangement for melodic ukulele, very nice. Lots of nice arrangements on that site. Silent Night is on the same link. Check out the rest of the site, and you will find a few more Christmas pieces.

–Lori

I recently learned Dominator's arrangement of God Rest ye Merry Gentlemen, which is lots of fun to play. Has a sort of classical sound to it that I like.

An old John Denver song, "Please, Daddy, Don't Get Drunk This Christmas".

Well.... You asked!

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas is probably my favorite, although I don't often play it on the uke. Beautiful melody, great chords, and wee bit dark (especially if you go with the original lyrics).

By the way, I think I recommended this book last year, but I'll by golly do it again:

The Ultimate Christmas Fakebook

41YoPpS%2BLSL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

It has the melody (in standard notation), lyrics, and chord names for tons of Christmas tunes. No chord diagrams, so you'll have to BYO chord chart.

JJ

P.S. Who decided that "My Favorite Things" was a Christmas song?

Last edited:
By the way, I think I recommended this book last year, but I'll by golly do it again:

The Ultimate Christmas Fakebook

41YoPpS%2BLSL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

It has the melody (in standard notation), lyrics, and chord names for tons of Christmas tunes. No chord diagrams, so you'll have to BYO chord chart.

Thanks for the tip! I LOVE Christmas music, and just ordered a copy of this.
:shaka:

I enjoy singing and playing Jim Nabors' "Christmas Eve in My Hometown."

"I'll be Home for Christmas", "Feliz Navidad", "Sleigh Ride", "We Need a Little Christmas", "Holly Jolly Christmas", "Jingle Bell Rock", "C-H-R-I=S-T-M-A-S", and the list goes on, and on, and on....

Top Bottom