Guitar FT for Uke

MartinLil

Reaction score
There have been a few of these FT's up lately in the Marketplace. Here's another for your consideration:

For sale or trade is a Guild Gad-C3 classical guitar. It has a scale length of 650 mm (standard), 2" neck, solid AAA grade Sitka spruce top and solid AAA grade Indian Rosewood back and sides. It has an ebony fingerboard and one piece mahogany neck with a Dovetail neck joint (these can be reset if the time comes as spanish heel joints cannot).

This guitar is LOUD! The sound is very round and full, responsive and has a beautiful voice with great sustain. Intonation is dead on. The condition is very good with two dings on the top from strings breaking (see pics), but does not go through the polish.

Bone nut and bone compensated saddle, has a very smooth fast neck and medium action with room to lower. Great tuners and a new set of D'Addario EJ45 strings. This is a very well built guitar and is absolutely spotless inside. Kept in smoke-free home and comes with its original arch top HSC.

I'm selling this guitar because it's just not getting the play time that it should be. It's a great guitar! But I don't play it often and cannot justify keeping it. I would like to see it go to someone who will play it. I've used it for classical, flamenco and all around finger picking.

Located on the Eastern Shore of Maryland if anyone is near and would like to play it or do local pick up. The guitar was $980 new and out did every nylon guitar at Guitar Center in the $700-$1,700 price range. Asking price is $600 obo (offers welcome!). Trade value of this minty guitar is $600-650.

I am interested in soprano, concert or tenor ukes around this price/value range. Full or partial trades with cash on either side are good too. PM questions, inquiries and offers or email me directly at : Lmuir2@washcoll.edu

Attachments

• 131.JPG
    131.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC01235.JPG
    DSC01235.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC01236.JPG
    DSC01236.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC01242.JPG
    DSC01242.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 135.JPG
    135.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
More Pics

Here are some more pics of this amazing guitar! The picture with the arrows are pointing to the nicks left from two strings that broke and snapped back. They are just a finish scratches and do not go through the polish. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 136.JPG
    136.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 23
  • 142.JPG
    142.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 145.JPG
    145.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC01231.JPG
    DSC01231.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 23
To update anyone interseted: I'm currently waiting on pictures of a uke for possible trade. Nothing is final yet, though, and this sweet guitar is still available.

I've gotten a couple good offers but I'm looking for all Koa ukes.

Keep the trades offers coming!! This guitar is available for purchasing without trade, too.

Just curious, did you post this at Delcamp or Guitarnoise as well? Seems like I've seen this guitar before (arrows, nicks and all)

I sure have! It is on Delcamp and my username there is Lilly M. It's also on Acoustic Guitar Forum with the username MartinLilM, Harmony Central with username MartinLil, and I previously had it on UMGF with username MartinLil. (Thought i should tell usernames as they differ a little on different forums.)

The two marks on the top are the only scartches on this guitar and it's in perfect condition other than that. Thanks for the question!

-Lil

I thought I'd seen it before. Right before I got kicked off the DelCamp forums.

If I had the cash, and I didn't love my Ibanez KOA classical, I'd be all over it, Guild makes some damn fine guitars.

Now you got us wondering

What did you do to get kicked off the board?

Guild does make extraordinary guitars and this is no exception. It's an amazing guitar! And that's all coming from a Martin lover. I drooled over this guitar for many months and it was more than I could have hoped for. Too bad the classical bug has left me.

Just played this guitar earlier today. I love the fast neck and sustain on this classical! I've spent the last couple hours going back and forth between wanting to keep it and knowing that it needs to go to someone who will play it. If it doesn't go soon, it'll probably head to ebay.

Top Bottom