Kamaka Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

d-mace

Reaction score
I just bought this new a few months ago and cannot afford to keep it. I should have known better but some of you know the power of UAS.

The place I bought it from had several in stock and I was able to see photos and hear sound samples of them. I chose this one for the tone. It was built in 4/08...the oldest of the bunch but it sounded the sweetest. It's looks aren't bad either....nice koa with lots of faint curl running side to side.

Below are pics....as you will see one has a date stamp and a my username. I've also included a video. It was recorded with the an ipod nano....I hope the sound is not to thin.

It is strung with D'Addarios high G. I have a low G if you want it. It comes with a Uke Crazy canvas/hard case and humidifier. Intonation and action are excellent and no buzzing.

$7999 shipped in the continental US....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah16qApZIgY

Attachments

• DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 229
  • DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 176
  • DSC_0007.jpg
    DSC_0007.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC_0010.jpg
    DSC_0010.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
d-mace, isn't this the 2nd Kamaka you're putting up for sale? It's a gorgeous instrument and should have no problem selling it. So, someone, buy this! It's has a 1K price tag.

d-mace, isn't this the 2nd Kamaka you're putting up for sale?

I have a 1950's Kamaka soprano that I listed about a month ago that hasn't sold. I also sold a Kamaka tenor on this site about a year ago. I guess I'm kind of opposite of MGM....he buys and sells for a + gain....and I buy and sell for a - gain.....but its always been fun!

Last edited:
just an fyi.....i am heading out to utah next week for a wedding and thanksgiving so if anyone is interested i will not be able to ship until the 30th.

happy thanksgiving UU!

GAHHH!@!!! @#$@#$#@@#$ @This is such a beautiful ukulele... too bad I don't have $819 dollars!!! But would I rather have this or a Seiko I've had my eye on.

[QUOTE But would I rather have this or a Seiko I've had my eye on.[/QUOTE]

Do they sell Seiko's in that price range?

Oh boy... sorry to take this on a tangent, but I just spent 2k on a Seiko Spring Drive... and it was a bargain :rolleyes:

I had to google this watch....very cool! I hadn't heard of the spring drive before but its a fantastic looking watch. I purchased a TAG Formula 1 (unfortunately quartz) for about $500 a couple of years ago and having been eyeing some of the other Swiss watches but this Seiko ranks right up there with it and with cool mechanics!

I had to google this watch....very cool! I hadn't heard of the spring drive before but its a fantastic looking watch. I purchased a TAG Formula 1 (unfortunately quartz) for about $500 a couple of years ago and having been eyeing some of the other Swiss watches but this Seiko ranks right up there with it and with cool mechanics!

I googled it, too. I couldn't believe my eyes. The Spring Drive Spacewalk (due out soon) has a price tag of $28000!? :eek:
Very nice uke, by the way. I'm surprised it's taking this long to find a buyer...

Last edited:
I googled it, too. I couldn't believe my eyes. The Spring Drive Spacewalk (due out soon) has a price tag of $28000!? :eek:
Very nice uke, by the way. I'm surprised it's taking this long to find a buyer...

I almost bought a seiko but I settled for a citizen. This is a fair price on a kamaka. Actually this is a GREAT price. Wished I had the money.

I almost bought a seiko but I settled for a citizen. This is a fair price on a kamaka. Actually this is a GREAT price. Wished I had the money.

Thx John. Both make great long lasting somewhat affordable watches. A watch forum could be fun!

OK. I just watched your video Dmace. That uke is gorgeous and the sound is excellent. Makes me want to sale some blood or sale my car to help fund this. I think I officially have kamaka envy now.

I PM'd you. Let me know what you think and thanks.

Just got back in town....thx for the comments! I've had a few people ask about trades and as tempting as they are I need the $$$ otherwise I'd be keeping this one.

New price is $799/shipped.

don't go any lower. Sale some plasma or something. Find some junk laying around house you don't want and sale on CL.

If this is still available in 3 weeks you've got yourself a sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom