Hello from Colorado!

chad4000

Reaction score
Hey folks, really starting to get into Ukulele and looking forward to the forum here! I picked it up while I was living in Hawaii. I spent a few years there and my wife picked up a soprano for me.

After I moved back to Colorado I found out that my mom had a baritone that she has had since '65! I actually like playing that one more!

Anyway, talk with you guys later!

Chad

Welcome to UU! I'm really enjoying all these stories that are coming along with this introduction thread :) You've arrived at the most uke-friendly place online.

Welcome to UU from Highlands Ranch!!!
seems more Colorado folks are joining.

A couple of links for you to look at if your in the Denver area.

www.denverfolklore.com
Local Acoustic music shop that carries several brands and they know their stuff and don't mind if you stop in just to play a few Uke's.

www.swallowhillmusic.org
A great place for lessons and they have a monthly Uke circle and open stages.
plus coming up is the Swallow Hill Ukulele Festival February, 6 2010 it's a big event with lots of players and lots of vendors.

Freedive, I went to denver folk, it was awesome, they had way more uke's than I thought they would. I fell in love with that 70's martin tiple they had hanging there.. until I saw the price. :(

Chad, welcome! This place is SO much fun and SO addictive... some nights I cant decide if I want to actually play my uke, or just surf this site..

Welcome, Chad! :)

Welcome to UU, Chad!

Welcome to UU! I'm really enjoying all these stories that are coming along with this introduction thread :) You've arrived at the most uke-friendly place online.

I agree.. I have loved getting to know people through this thread! the New member intro forum was the best idea that came out of the town hall meeting...

Welcome to U.U!! :D

Welcome to UU! Glad to have you!

Hey thanks everyone! I cant decide what I like doing more so far, learning covers, (funny ones mostly lol) or just learning some chord progressions (or just putting random chords together) and writing my own songs.

I actually have a pretty heavy drum influence so this isnt exactly where I thought my musicality would take me, but I love it.

I live in Parker. about half and hour south of denver. where will you be moving?

Top Bottom