recommend a PS2 game?

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

I was surprised they made a PS2 version!

I still have not upgraded to PS3 or 360 :(
can anyone recommend a good PS2 game?
hehe :D

Any Metal Gear game...:D

I'm personally a HUGE fan of RPG's, Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts was fun (KH2 I'm unsure - I heard talk of disappointment), Xenosaga was good and Dark Cloud. Shadow Hearts and Star Ocean! AHHH I'M ABOUT TO BUY THOSE GAMES AGAIN :cool:

burn the ps2 and get a xbox 360

... and while you're at it, kick the goldfish. Why burn a PS2? Melt it perhaps, but burn it? Nay. Celebrate a fine piece of history my friend. Years from now you shall revisit Kingdom Hearts (2 perhaps) and see it from new eyes.

Given the still rather disturbing Xbox 360 RROD failure rate, I'd say that the PS2 is still a safer bet. Plus the games are all getting cheaper and cheaper since the system is all but dead.

Good games depends on your preferences.
I like(d) :

Half-life - not bad as a port for a very classic game
Time Splitters 2 & Future Perfect - big single player game to unlock characters for the two player free-for-all. Hilarious and silly.
Beyond Good and Evil - Good game. great voice acting.
Either Champions of Norrath game - a role playing hack and slash based on the Baldur's Gate engine, but with customized characters. We played it a bunch co-op.
Either Katamari Damacy - simple mechanic. funny script. kind of adorable and addictive.
Killzone - FPS. Kind of monochromatic and the bad guys say the same three things over and over again. (that gets a bit tedious) but the AI is pretty good and it can be challenging.
Burnout 3 or Revenge - pure insanity. (though I was disappointed with Dominator. they somehow managed to suck all the fun out of that one.)
Dark Cloud 2 - An RPG that is packed with insane amounts of content. I think I put in over 60 hours into the game and didn't even finish the epilogue. Pretty ingenious system of building items based on things you find in the game.
ICO - huge. beautiful and hard to explain. a very unique gaming experience.
No One Live Forever - another FPS PC port, but a seriously funny 60's spy type game.
PSI-Ops - more FPS fun this time with various weird psychic powers. Throw bad guys around with the power of your mind or take over their bodies and have them fight each other or just make their heads explode. You decide.
If you've got somebody to play with the LEGO games are all pretty fun as Co-op games
Psychonauts - an amazingly fun, weird, funny and well written game up until the final level. Made by the guy who just released Brutal Legend.

But most of all Okami - seriously one of the most trippy fun and epic games on the system and a general masterpiece of game design. (although, I was a bit disappointed with the final battle sequence where you had to repeat all the Boss battles from the rest of the game)

I'll probably think of more. We've got a stacks of PS2 games...

If you want to try something different. You can try the Shin Megami Tensei Saga. My favorite is Persona 3 FES. It's a very dark RPG

Kingdom Hearts was one of the best games I have played in years. I was skeptical at first since it involved the Disney characters, but it lived up to all the recommendations I received.

You can try the fatal frame series if you like scary games.

Bringin' it back old school...Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks :) gotta love fatalities!

Top Bottom