Greetings from Downunder

MrHpapy

Reaction score
G'day,

My name is Mark and I live in Melbourne, Australia.

Even though I have had a uke for a few years I never really learned to play it. Most of the time it sat in a corner. Way bad!

Recently I bought a Mahalo concert uke and i found a teacher who is trying to teach me "Amazing Grace" as arranged by Lil' Rev and John Nicolson.

The arrangement is in 3/4 time has only three chords G, C, and D7 but I still have trouble learning it.

I think this site is really fun.

Hiya, Mark. :)

Welcome to UU, mate!

Howdy Mark,

Welcome aboard. Keep at it until you've got those three chords flowing, with a goog steady strum, and the payoff will come. There are literally hundreds (probably thousands) of songs you can sing using just those three chords.

Substitute C, F, & G7, and you can play them all in a different key! Music is easy;)

John Colter.

Welcome to UU! There are several Australian members here; glad to have you joining in the fun!

Thank you for your welcome

Thanks everyone for replying to my post and making me feel welcome.
What I like most about playing the uke is how it takes my mind off my everyday cares and woes.

Although I have only had five lessons I hope to one day be able to play "Amazing Grace" without stopping to make the chord shapes:)

I guess it's down to the three "P's". Practice, practice and practice!

Cheers,
Mark.

g'day mate, welcome, check out "grappler", lives in melbourne and is up there with some of the best uke players, fantastic hes on this site

G'day,

I had another lesson last night (Thursday). It is great learning uke with a teacher because it gives me the confidence to continue.

Another two tunes have been added to my repertoire:
"Twelve bar Blues" and "Paw Paw Patch". Well; a bloke's gotta start somewhere!

Cheers,
Mark.

Top Bottom