Your new Russian comrade from Kansas City

Sergey

Reaction score
Howdy, Ukulele Underground! My name is Sergey and I come originally from Russia, but have been living in the States for quite some time now. I go to university in Kansas City.

I found out about this forum a few months ago, but never bothered to register. Today, however, is a cold and wet day in Kansas City and all I want to do is sit around on a message board. So here I am!

A little about me; I'm a hobbyist musician and have always enjoyed the uke very much. I've got a couple of Kala ukes, a soprano and a tenor. I play a few other instruments as well, mainly guitar. Here's a little portion of my instrument collection...

instruments.jpg

If you are curious, the third instrument from the left is a Balalaika, a Russian guitar that is awfully uncomfortable to play, but sounds very unique! It has three strings, two of which are high gauge nylon strings tuned to the same note.

I hope that I will be able to contribute to conversation here on Ukulele Underground, see you guys around!

I leave you with me on accordion:

accordion.jpg

Welcome to UU, Sergey! :D Awesome that you play the balalaika. Looks really difficult to play sitting down. ;) I dig the accordion too. Enjoy your stay at the Underground! We're a friendly bunch.

Welcome Sergey! I also play accordion. It's a fun instrument! (I though all Russian accordionists played the bayan? :p)

I first heard about balalaikas from the Beatles song "Back in the U.S.S.R."

JJ

Welcome Sergey! I also play accordion. It's a fun instrument! (I though all Russian accordionists played the bayan? :p)

I first heard about balalaikas from the Beatles song "Back in the U.S.S.R."

JJ
I wish I could bring my bayan from Russia but it weighs a ton and I have no idea how to get something like that on a plane safely. For now, I'm stuck with piano keyboard, I do not mind! Both of my accordions here in America need repair (probably Russian one as well), but it's tough to find somebody around here to do it.

Wecome to the underground! Glad you could join us.

Добро пожаловать, Sergey. :)

Top Bottom