Inlay Products

Heidi I pmd you but as you have brought it here: dePaule Inlay and Rescue Pearl have everything you need at better prices than the luthier houses. Allen Guitars has ukulele rosettes in Ablam which are great.

If you want pearl or composite stone, as Pete mentioned, Rescue Pearl is OK. Masecraft is good too, and they also carry faux ivories. If you want to buy larger quantities wholesale I can PM you with the info. I'd stay away from the laminated pearl products (Abalam) if I were you. Not only do they look cheap, they don't leave you with much room for sanding. I've got to admit that the new Zipflex is pretty cool though. I just can't get past the look (or the price!) Also, visit your local counter top shop and get some scraps. You don't want the big scraps they sell but rather the little "floor sweeps" they throw away. I find them on the ground in the lot outside. Look around your environment, you probably have more inlay material at your fingertips than you realize. You can even get some interesting results from oven-fired "clay" products like Sculpey. Combine the colors, roll it into a sheet, fire it and saw out your shapes. Some exotic wood scraps are excellent as inlay material and can come in a rainbow of colors. Whatever you use just make sure it's compatible with whatever finish you choose.

Top Bottom