Blackford "Tangi" Tully

Dino

Reaction score
Hey Gang,
I texted with Tangi today. Actually, I called his phone and maybe expected to talk to his wife or someone else, but guess who answered????? Tangi himself. A little hard to understand but by the tone of the voice I could just about understand him enough to tell him I would text. Anyway, if anyone can help, please donate for a worthy cause. Tangi has 2 accounts set up.

1)at BANK OF HAWAII under account name "Friends of Tangi" or

2) Paypal : tangi.tully@gmail.com

For those just reading this and wondering why the need for donations, Tangi was brutally assaulted after taking back his bicycle from criminals that had stolen it. While walking away, about 8 males mobbed Tangi. He suffered a fractured jaw in 2 places, his orbital socket was also fractured and has a nice gash on the top of his head, but luckily enough, his skull is intact. Tangi had to have surgery and his jaw is now wired shut and will be like that for the next 5-6 months while his jaw heals. Tangi has had a very rough year. With the terrible economy, the passing of his father earlier this year and now this. Life has not cut this guy a break. The latest blow was that Tangi's medical insurance was canceled because he could not keep up with the $900+ premium per month. Sales are slow.

Please kokua if you can! Mahalo. Dino

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, Dino. Wishing Tangi a speedy recovery.

Dino, I was just wondering if you had an update on how Tangi's doing recovering from his injuries. Thanks.

He got the wires removed from his jaws today, and he is back in the shop if you need 'ukuleles at a great price.

Sad. The moral of this story is.....don't try to take your bike back after a pack of micronesians steal it if you're rollin solo.

Top Bottom