Your Favorite Reggae Band is _________???????????

UKESTAR

Reaction score
This is not my original idea. This comes from another creative UU member. You know who you are.;) Anyways...it DOES seem that many of our members here in the UU are big reggae fans.

Question:
You can only listen to one reggae band for the rest of your life. Who would it be?

OK......OK......what would be your second choice too??:D

Hmm.....good question Ukestar:rolleyes:

1. Bob...then Ziggy...then...Steven..then Damien....ha

No really... I hate to say it because he is so darn trendy...but I would have to go with Bob just based on the huge number of amazing songs. He IS responsible for bringing both reggae and Jamaica to the world stage.

Other than Bob....wow...so many to choose from. I think I would have to go with Tosh or Pulse...nothing too far out there..

I have been listening to a lot of John Brown's Body lately too......argh. Tough to choose just two..

Last edited:
Hmm, I don't listen to much reggae anymore, but I did like Rebelution, and Katchafire. I also currently like SDIB's song Sugar.

Bob Marley and the Wailers.

Peter Tosh and Bunny Wailer and really underappreciated.

Linton Kwesi Johnson might be my second choice if I couldn't take the three of them.

Has to be Bob for me. I mean you can just put the CD in and let it play. You can do this with almost all his releases, no need to fast forward to any songs.

But I also can't get enough of Gregory Isaacs, Yellowman, Buju Banton, Steel Pulse, Sanchez, and Beres Hammond.

For island reggae, I always go back to some Pau Hana, 3 plus, ooklah, katchafire, and koauka.

REGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAE RAGERAGEAREGR

It would be LUCKY DUBE!!! heard all bobs songs 10000 times over the past 16 years and still love him but lucky dube in thee zone.. maybe katchafire, steel pulse? elan atias.. all reggae bands are all goodsz

first bob. its timeless.
then katchafire. cant stop listening.
eek a mouse is up there too i guess.

if i said "shaggy" would i get flogged? hahahaha just kidding! jheez!

at the last katchafire concert here, they were playing some shaba ranks. haha that brought me back about 15 or 16 years haha.

Me's gotta admit Peter Tosh. Me's always loved Peter. And second is Burning Spear. And then Bob that I & I also love. Equal Rights.... Downpressor Man..... Social Living... Wow..... Try out 400 Years or Stop That Train..... or You Can't Blame The Youth

Sorry for reviving an old thread. But Peter calls...

Last edited:
michael franti if you consider him reggae

lately i've been diggin rootz underground and s.o.j.a .......also gotta give steve martinez and the give thanks band love...... but it in the end its always back to marley i suppose

Well considering you said BAND...haha...I'd have to say...

1.) Rebel Souljahz
2.) Katchafire

But ONE person...hmm

1.) Fiji
2.) Beres Hammond
3.) J Boog

Top Bottom