hello everyone from uk

raecarter

Reaction score
I'm Rae from Portsmouth UK I'm looking into buying a concert ukulele as I'm getting bored of my guitar now lol if anyone has advice on a good concert for under 100quid and another between 100 and 150pounds thanks all

Hi Rae

Good to see another UK member, welcome to UU

I can't really recommend much under a £100.00 as I went from a £15.00 Maholo straight to a £125.00 Kala, but if you can spend up to £150.00 you can't really go wrong with either a Kala or an Ohana. Try Southern Ukulele Store on ebay
http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Southern-Ukulele-Store , I have found them reliable in the past.
If you have a little bit mored to spend, you will also find Mainlands are also very popular on this forum, however as there is currently on one UK supplier (Eagle Music) and I believe they have just sold the last one they had in stock, I reckon you may struggle getting one this side of xmas.
If you want to try before you buy Guitar Village in Farnham keep a small stock of reasonable ukes
http://www.guitarvillage.co.uk/product-list.asp?manuid=0&catid=13
or it's a trip to The Duke of Uke in London (though I personally find them a little expensive).

Best of luck

John

Last edited:
Hiya Rae :)

hello

Thanks for making me welcome I'm definately going to explain the benefits of solid wood ukes to my fine lady and hopefully get the kala all mahogany concert!

Hi Rae,

As you are down South, why don't you pop along to the Southern Ukulele Store, They will have a lot of ukes to look at. I spoke with them today and they are indeed really helpfull people, I spoke to a guy called Paul, probably worth the trip for you. They on the Christchurch road between Christchurch and Bournemouth BH7 6DD

I am not connected with them in any way, they just seemed really helpfull , I think I will be buying a Uke from them soon

If you could stretch just a tad more I would really look at the Mainland Gloss Mahogany Concert. I got one from Eagle and it is a gorggeous instrument. I am told that the Ohana's are also nice and in the same price range

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Welcome, Rae! :shaka:

Hi Rae, from another new UK member and guitar player (sorry, I seem to be the one who just got the last Mainland concert from Eagle music). If you can stretch your budget a bit, and wait til more arrive, I would highly recommend them. I got one on the basis of reading through the opinions of more experienced ukers on this forum, and their advice was spot on -- it's lovely!

Good luck getting something good.

ive got the green light

I cant wait for a mainland so will be buying the kala ka asmc the all solid mahogany concert it looks natural and no frills which i like to be honest thank you for all your help should be ordering in the next few days. I cant wait

that link is dead mate

I've only found it on westside music? What size is your fav uke? Would a concert be the best first buy as I am fat with sausage fingers and its in the middle of the sizes

Top Bottom