UK members - Stand Up And Be Counted!

johncaudrey

Reaction score
There seems to be an influx of new UK members on UU over the last couple of weeks, or maybe it's due to the New Members Introductions being at the top of the Forums lists, hence more easily spotted.

I am interested firstly in how many of us their are now on UU and secondly wondering if there is a way of getting us to pool our resources, so that info on buying ukes and UK meetings, websites etc is more readily available for all.
One example being a list of UK uke dealers/stores, with reputation, feedback etc. Maybe this could be used to persuade stores to stock a better variety of makes and models than currently available in Blighty (more than one supplier of Mainlands would be nice!)

I would like to suggest as well as replying to this thread with any suggestions to further the cause, that all UK members join the UK.lele social group http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/group.php?groupid=30
currently with only 48 members and also lets use this group a little more than it is at present to notify us all of any get-togethers, public performances etc.

Lets hear your thoughts on this!

John

B.Uke and my counterpart D.Uke ...

Ben and David Ukulele :)

London maytees :)

Hey hey, another UK member here. This is a great idea, just this morning I posted a thread on the UK.lele page saying how quiet it was and trying to encourage people to post more. Do you think the admin team would let us have our own section on the forum, for suppliers etc as you mentioned? Or maybe they could split the UK.lele forum up, so we could have a general uke talk area, a bit about suppliers etc and maybe a bit about music etc? Either way yeah, us Brits need to stand up and be counted!

Hey hey, another UK member here. This is a great idea, just this morning I posted a thread on the UK.lele page saying how quiet it was and trying to encourage people to post more. Do you think the admin team would let us have our own section on the forum, for suppliers etc as you mentioned? Or maybe they could split the UK.lele forum up, so we could have a general uke talk area, a bit about suppliers etc and maybe a bit about music etc? Either way yeah, us Brits need to stand up and be counted!

I think a social group is sufficient. We can get all of the relative info on there :)

Nice post - I joined last week, but all was quiet - lets drum up some support.

UK player here and proud of it!

I can't promise to use the UK.lele thing. I spend far too much time on line as it is. My wife expects me to talk to her, take her shopping, help with chores. And I've got to find time to play & sing, and work on the next uke.

It's a good thing I'm retired. I don't know how I ever found time to go to work.

John Colter.

John - a quick click and you have joined!

Appreciate time is an issue (it can be for me too) but some interesting ideas being discussed now - such as "list of great UK Uke shops" and (my own suggestion) - list of jamming music friendly pubs

Only need to make a post to each and you have done your bit for other UK Ukers!

Hello. I've just joined up. :) I didn't know there were social groups (I'm new round here) so thanks for the steer. It's great that there are so many UK players here. I've talked some friends into going to the Wednesday London group next week (in London) so if any members here are part of that group I look forward to hearing you play.

More UK Ukers wanted in the UK social group - join now!

We want to know...

1. Your fave Uke shops in the UK
2. Uke friendly places and pubs to play
3. Anything else you want to share that is UK related!

See you!

I'm in Lancaster, county town of Lancashire. Earlier this year I tried to get a Uke group together and had a few people interested. But then everything went t*ts up jobwise, I got made redundant and although I did get a job straight away I ended up working around 60 hours a week and very unsociable hours. Things are back to normal (ish) now though so if anyone in my area would like to meet up get in touch. I'm into Rock/Punk/Pop and love the work GUGUG do on Youtube. Quite happy to play more mainstream stuff though. Don't mind travelling down to Preston or Blackpool if anyone around there.

Cheers,
Ian.

I'm in Lancaster, county town of Lancashire. Earlier this year I tried to get a Uke group together and had a few people interested. But then everything went t*ts up jobwise, I got made redundant and although I did get a job straight away I ended up working around 60 hours a week and very unsociable hours. Things are back to normal (ish) now though so if anyone in my area would like to meet up get in touch. I'm into Rock/Punk/Pop and love the work GUGUG do on Youtube. Quite happy to play more mainstream stuff though. Don't mind travelling down to Preston or Blackpool if anyone around there.

Cheers,
Ian.

Didn't know about GUGUG. Thanks. I've become quite the devotee of the Wellingtonians. Just fantastic stuff.

Oh, and hello, everyone. I have no information to offer, save my newfound enthusiasm for small instruments. (I started on guitar, went to tenor sax, then recently added flugelhorn, and now ukulele). Next must be tin whistle...

Great, this seems to be working!

Eight new members to UK.lele in two days.
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/group.php?groupid=30
Any more UK members or visitors get over and join us.

We now have nice new info thread about UK Stores/Dealers with peoples feedback.

One member has just discovered a weekly meeting in his own town he did not know about.

Maybe next thread could be a UK regional regular uke clubs/get together/meets and also one off events.

Lets keep this useful UK resource rolling along with the rest of the wonderful UU Forum.

Top Bottom