Banjolele and ukulele recommendations

christinajane

Reaction score
Hello people,

I need your help in recommending me both a good banjolele and ukulele.

I play guitar, or at least trying to,and I want to expand my instrument repertoire.

So, if anybody can give me some recommendations or some hints and tips of what I should be looking for in each instrument then I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Christina

Hi Christina Jane. I'm going to go ahead and move this thread into the Buying Tips section.

It would help us tremendously to know what your budget is.

Banjolele and ukulele

Hi,

Well I want to get something decent straight off, rather then buying a crappy starter instruments and needing to upgrade further along the line.

But having said that, I cant really afford more then between £250-£300 for each instrument.

Thanks

Christina

Not sure about the currency conversions but Waverly Street ukulele makes a pretty nice banjolele. Everyone seems to love them. I am sure it fits in your budget probably with some left over.

For your other uke what size are you looking at? If you are coming from the gutiar a Tenor might be good (from what I hear). I prefer concerts and others like sopranos and baritones. The thing with sizes is for the same model the price increases with size. So if you get a soprano you might be able to get a Koaloha, but with a Tenor I am pretty sure Koalohas would be out of your range. Just something to think about.

I think I am looking for either a concert or a Tenor Uke size. I am still undecided about which of those sizes to go for as yet..

I have a Waverly Street banjo ukulele for sale here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150390032567

I hate to part with it, actually. It's got a really nice tone to it, and I even like it more than the Bean Sprout I had. But unfortunately, I'm a really bad spot financially and have to sell off a lot of the instruments I love, and this is one that's gotta go.

Top Bottom