makala pineapple ukulele good idea?

JimboHawkins

Reaction score
im not looking for the best pineapple uke and my budget isnt high so im wondering if this is a good uke?

Hi Jimbo,

I played one recently, and was well impressed with it. It was the camo version. I'd be afraid to put it down in case I couldn't find it again!

Nice uke for the money.

John Colter.

Well, Makala's cheapest uke - the dolphin - is just fine, so I don't know why their pineapples wouldn't be. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Haven't tried the pineapple, but I have a Makala Tenor I just love and my grandkids each have Makala Dolphins. They are all great ukes for the money, I don't think you could go wrong with one.

I always like it when someone asks a question I hadn't realized I wanted to know the answers to.

I have a Kala watermelon, which i imagine is just a makala pineapple that was painted. It's a neat little uke.

im not looking for the best pineapple uke and my budget isnt high so im wondering if this is a good uke?

I'm going to say if your in the market for a pineapple uke you should really consider the kamoa pineapple uke...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8bovmD8AHQ

UU stands by the brand as do I :D!!!

Makala is also a crowd pleaser around these threads..they are affordable and are great starter ukes!! I have yet to try a makala...but either one you choose you'll be happy with it I guarantee!!:)

Hi Jimbo -

My first uke (and only uke) is a Makala concert - so I can't compare it to any other ukulele - but I can tell you that I've been really happy with the Makala, and for the price I think it's the best brand to choose. It stays in tune, sounds good, and isn't so expensive that if I sat on it I wouldn't be absolutely heart-broken (ok, well, maybe I would actually.... :eek:)

(and try to buy from MusicGuyMic on eBay or someone else that will do a proper job of setting it up before getting it to you!)

Top Bottom