Please help me chose! 240-300 concert

ikele

Reaction score
Hi!
After some research- and after stretching a bit my budget!- I'm considering these concert ukes:

Mele Mahogany
Pono PCO
Hamano hc100 (bit out of budget:()

Of course I'm not able to try any of them (wouldn't ask otherwise!) and shortly a friend is going to be able to get one of these for me.

Could you tell me something about them? has anybody had the oportunity to compare or play any of them. I'm a bit worried about the Mele because I've read they have thin necks and i don't like that in electrics (don't like Ibanez necks, prefer more meaty necks, but don't know how that feature would translate to ukes...). Soundwise I'm after the mellow sound mohagony ukes seems to produce. Thanks!

Last edited:
Why not give MGM a buzz, he should be able to provide assistance and answer any questions you may have. He has a variety of instruments in your budget. Worth a shot.

I haven't tried any of them myself. Have you already crossed a Mainland Uke from your choices? I've heard a lot of good things about them.

I haven't tried any of them myself. Have you already crossed a Mainland Uke from your choices? I've heard a lot of good things about them.

I have not crossed the Mainland, but right now I'm specially interested in the Mele and the Pono because a friend can bring me one of them and save shipping costs+customs... I wish I could play them in person, that would meke it so good to decide!
Any more observations? thanks

Top Bottom