new Mainland with slotted headstock

bazmaz

Reaction score
Further to my thread on the tech support board, my new mainland arrived today, and due to stock issues, I had to pay a little extra to get the slotted headstock model instead.

I must say, I love the look of this new one, and that headstock is really appealing. I did like the gold and ebony tuners on the other one, and suppose would like ebony buttons on this one, but ho hum

Slots give it a really classy look. The grain on the top is lovely, as is the colour and grain in the fingerboard.

Frets finished wonderfully, and all in a beautiful instrument. No to play the hell out of it and really open up that solid wood.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Wow, that is a fine looking piece of mahogany! Love it.

Its a gloss, with aquilas - sustains very nicely, but sound will improve when it opens up - sounding a bit "new" at the moment.

Just a joy to play though

Man that's nice!.....can i borrow it for a few weeks?....j/k...lol

Congrats! Those mainland folks seem to be producing some fine instruments.

Go You! Paul! Glad it worked out. That is the next Uke on my list to acquire. I'm still loving my Kala Acacia Tenor with the slotted headstock, now to get a concert AND my first Mainland....I can't go any longer not rewarding a great guy and company like Mike's Mainland AND getting a great uke in the process!

it is brilliant. Sadly shows how much my playing needs to improve. I hear myself, and just KNOW that I can get so much more out of this baby.

This forum is getting overwhelmed with praise for Mainland - and rightly so - kudos to Mike - I hope his business goes from strength to strength. ( I think it must be doing, as they are going out of stock quickly enough - Mike!! Make more!!!!)

Top Bottom