My first Ukukele Vid

joehempel

Reaction score
Hey guys, I don't know if this goes here or not, but I recorded something with the Uke that I got today, bad quality web cam but I didn't really want to break out my production stuff for this.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy me making a fool out of myself. Oh and this Uke is broken, the frets are all mangled (raised on one side, dug into the fretboard, etc), I didn't notice it when I bought it, I had my 2 yr old (who is in the background making noise) so I didn't really check it all that much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEpGaZC-w9Q

Cool man, congrats on your first uke video! Arrgh, I just need to bite the bullet and do that myself!

Bummer that you have to return the uke. Even worse is waiting until Christmas to play again! ouch!

Congrats on the vid!

:shaka:

JJ

Hey, great first vid - wish I could sing, play and read at the same time :D Well done, your face was beaming so much I can tell you're one of those people who wouldn't give a hoot if people did mock ya - in my book, thats the very first lesson to uke happiness :nana:

I applaud you on your first video.

Props to ya, my friend. I've been playing uke for almost 2 years and still haven't made a video. My issue is that I cant sing and play so I have trouble keeping the A.D.D. in check for a whole song. One day I'll actually post something....one day. :(

Thank you everyone!!!!

Singing and playing just came naturally to me on the guitar, so it was easy to move to the Uke!

I'm finding so many great vids and lessons I'm learning alot in a short ammount of time!

I did get my new one....it is a Hilo, was about $50, sounds so much better and louder than the Stagg, I'll do another video before I give it up for the month! LOL :D

way to go!

i spent about 30 minutes last night recording and re-recording what would have been my first vid, then gave up... for now. one day maybe i'll be less self conscious about my singing abilities (or lack thereof)

oh, and phanzo, one day it's just going to click. i've had a really hard time when i was trying to play guitar some 10 years ago, and after about a year or so it clicked. i haven't touched an instrument in 7 or 8 years, and when i picked up the uke (just last month) somehow the singing / strumming never left me.

now singing / finger picking is a whole different story... but maybe that too will just click one day.

I just attribute it to being pretty good at the guitar. The switch wasn't that hard. I just uploaded another video with the new Hilo Uke, it's in the video section.

Very Cool, with that being your first you will be a pro in no time. Doug

Top Bottom