Civilization 4

yep, I still do lose hours of my life with that game

I had to stop playing it because it made my wife sad. I'd disappear for days on end and there'd be nothing to eat and she'd never see me. It is a gaming Black Hole. (Sukie's husband plays also and she hates it too.)

Even now my wife hates when I bust out Civilization Revolution for the PS3 (which seems much more like a new front end on a slightly revamped Civ 2) even though I can bomb through that in about 4 hours...

I had to stop playing it because it made my wife sad. I'd disappear for days on end and there'd be nothing to eat and she'd never see me. It is a gaming Black Hole. (Sukie's husband plays also and she hates it too.)

Even now my wife hates when I bust out Civilization Revolution for the PS3 (which seems much more like a new front end on a slightly revamped Civ 2) even though I can bomb through that in about 4 hours...

Civ for PS3???? My wife threw away my copy of civ 3. I would literally stay up forever playing this game. Work was suffering. Marrige was suffering. Glas she threw it away. But a civ on the PS3 I'm game for.

Civilization Revolution

The game itself plays a lot like Civ 2 with a much fancier front end, a bit dumbed down overall but with a few aspects of later Civs which is why you can compress it all into about 4 hours. The downside of it is that just like Civ 2 everybody hates you and it's a constant state of warfare with everybody pretty much all the time once they realize you exist. If you're going to get any victory other than Domination, you have to actively beat your opponents into submission first. (by which point you may as well just wipe 'em out anyway...) Combat is seeded as well so you can expect spearmen to take down airplanes and tanks.

I haven't played online yet though and there are some challenge packs available for free and you can purchase additional Wonders and such from the Playstation store.
(I'm Lanark26 on Playstation Network...)

Civilization Revolution

The game itself plays a lot like Civ 2 with a much fancier front end, a bit dumbed down overall but with a few aspects of later Civs which is why you can compress it all into about 4 hours. The downside of it is that just like Civ 2 everybody hates you and it's a constant state of warfare with everybody pretty much all the time once they realize you exist. If you're going to get any victory other than Domination, you have to actively beat your opponents into submission first. (by which point you may as well just wipe 'em out anyway...) Combat is seeded as well so you can expect spearmen to take down airplanes and tanks.

I haven't played online yet though and there are some challenge packs available for free and you can purchase additional Wonders and such from the Playstation store.

played the demo, wasnt feeling it, something about lacking a keyboard and mouse..

Civilization Revolution

What other games do you play?

We just got the PS3, but I've been through Half Life 2 (again. so much easier with the controller...) and the Episodes 1 & 2 on the same disc. I will occasionally hit up Team Fortress.

I did a fair amount of Little Big Planet, but got a bit frustrated with it. (I'm not a big platformer) I'll get back to it in a little while.

Some Soul Caliber IV (but not online. I'm a button masher.)

Finished Resistence : Fall of Man (great) & just played Conan the Barbarian (steaming turd of a game.)

and lately I've picked Burnout Paradise back up and I'm working my way through the offline stuff. It's an interesting evolution for the game. Huge map and no set routes for races. They start at point A and go to Point B and all you need to do is get there first. Which is cool, but can also be frustrating if you miss a turn.

Killzone 2 is on my want list.

I like Civilization Revolution well enough though. It's nowhere near the hot lunch of the Computer version, but it's an easy one to zone out to and click shiny buttons on for a while.

Top Bottom