PDA

View Full Version : Donde esta UU Logo Stickers!?!?

phanzo
11-19-2009, 11:53 AM
I just opened up a nice big spot on the rear bumper of my car for a UU logo bumper sticker and realized that there aren't any in the store. What's up with that?? I drive up and down the 101 here in Phoenix, 7 days a week. Could be some good advertisin' dont cha think??

UkuleleHill
11-19-2009, 12:09 PM
I just opened up a nice big spot on the rear bumper of my car for a UU logo bumper sticker and realized that there aren't any in the store. What's up with that?? I drive up and down the 101 here in Phoenix, 7 days a week. Could be some good advertisin' dont cha think??

They usually ship them with other items... I even got one when I ordered something from Mainland Ukes!

phanzo
11-19-2009, 12:47 PM
They usually ship them with other items... I even got one when I ordered something from Mainland Ukes!

Interesting....

itsme
11-19-2009, 12:54 PM
When this has come up before, I seem to recall someone saying that the UU stickers they send out when you order something from the store were not really suitable to use as bumper stickers, that they don't hold up under the weather like ones made specifically for that purpose.

mrUKETOBER
11-19-2009, 01:52 PM
they fade a little ... the ones you are talking about are the actual outdoor and waterproof stickers that you can put on cars.. they are made out of vinyl and made in a program called coral draw.. pretty expensive too

SuperSecretBETA
11-19-2009, 01:57 PM
Perhaps you can ask Aaron (anaka) for the vector file of the logo and we can put it on a USB drive and make our own at those mall kiosks.

phanzo
11-20-2009, 12:27 PM
When this has come up before, I seem to recall someone saying that the UU stickers they send out when you order something from the store were not really suitable to use as bumper stickers, that they don't hold up under the weather like ones made specifically for that purpose.

hmmmm, that makes sense. That's too bad though. I took a sticker off of my bumper to make perfect room for the UU sticker. Guess I'll have to put something else there :(

haolejohn
11-26-2009, 06:51 AM
hmmmm, that makes sense. That's too bad though. I took a sticker off of my bumper to make perfect room for the UU sticker. Guess I'll have to put something else there :(

Use some duct tape and a sharpie and make your own:)

anaka
11-26-2009, 08:26 AM
Everybody above is pretty much 100% correct :D

We hand out UU Stickers with every order from the UU Store (http://ukeunderground.bigcartel.com), no matter how big or small. (Except for 18 days in Oct-Nov this year when we totally ran out of UU stickers and were waiting for the new shipment).

The stickers are made of screen printed solid vinyl and can be used as bumper stickers. Like all things, they fade over time, and depending on the weather & sunlight levels in your region, etc. they may fade faster or slower. Aldrine has been rocking a UU Sticker on his car since we started printing them (around two years ago) - it's a little faded but still legible.

And since we give these away for free, it's pretty easy to sticker-over an old UU Sticker with new one. Plus (and this is just between you and me) if you take the time to write me a note in your PayPal "instructions to seller" when you place your order asking for an extra sticker, I'll definitely take the time to throw in a couple stickers for you. (and yup, Mike has been giving our stickers away for a long, long time, too!) So it's always easy to get more stickers if you need them.

Also - If you really want to extend the life of your UU Sticker, before you remove the sticker backing, place a piece of clear packing tape across the face of your sticker and cut off the overhanging edges. The width of packing tape is slightly thinner than the width of a UU sticker but enough to cover the print. This will give your sticker a gloss finish and some extra protection from the elements.

We've been working on trying to find someone to make die-cut vinyl stickers for us, but it's a little tough finding someone who is willing to piece out each individual leaf and blade of grass in our logo for a reasonable price. But we'll keep searching ...

For those of you who rep UU on your cars, ukuleles, uke cases, school folders, and everything else - Thanks! You guys are the bestest.

phanzo
11-27-2009, 06:38 AM
Everybody above is pretty much 100% correct :D

We hand out UU Stickers with every order from the UU Store (http://ukeunderground.bigcartel.com), no matter how big or small. (Except for 18 days in Oct-Nov this year when we totally ran out of UU stickers and were waiting for the new shipment).

The stickers are made of screen printed solid vinyl and can be used as bumper stickers. Like all things, they fade over time, and depending on the weather & sunlight levels in your region, etc. they may fade faster or slower. Aldrine has been rocking a UU Sticker on his car since we started printing them (around two years ago) - it's a little faded but still legible.

And since we give these away for free, it's pretty easy to sticker-over an old UU Sticker with new one. Plus (and this is just between you and me) if you take the time to write me a note in your PayPal "instructions to seller" when you place your order asking for an extra sticker, I'll definitely take the time to throw in a couple stickers for you. (and yup, Mike has been giving our stickers away for a long, long time, too!) So it's always easy to get more stickers if you need them.

Also - If you really want to extend the life of your UU Sticker, before you remove the sticker backing, place a piece of clear packing tape across the face of your sticker and cut off the overhanging edges. The width of packing tape is slightly thinner than the width of a UU sticker but enough to cover the print. This will give your sticker a gloss finish and some extra protection from the elements.

We've been working on trying to find someone to make die-cut vinyl stickers for us, but it's a little tough finding someone who is willing to piece out each individual leaf and blade of grass in our logo for a reasonable price. But we'll keep searching ...

For those of you who rep UU on your cars, ukuleles, uke cases, school folders, and everything else - Thanks! You guys are the bestest.

Oh well that doesnt sound too bad at all. I thought it would be worse than that. The tape is a good idea too. I live in Arizona so the sun level is pretty high but the fact that it works is still all I need to hear. Looks like I'm gonna have to order myself a t-shrt here soon. That spot on my car is just BEGGING for a UU sticker to fill it up :confused:

Thanks Anaka