Strangest Place You've Uke'd

Citrus

Reaction score
Seeing that parking lot uke'ing thread gave me the idea. Whats the oddest place you've played ukulele? (feel free to list several)

I've uke'd in the waiting room for my cardiologist cause it's normally a 2 hour wait. I uke'd most of my day away at work today too cause the boss likes me to bring it in and he didn't have much for me to do. I've uke'd on the streets and at parties, so many places, so much fun.

My daily commute on the 605 fwy. When the traffic jam hits, I hit up some jams. :D

ive uked on a bench outside of Laguardia airport while waiting for my ride

i take my uke everywhere,
i play during passing periods and lunch,
when im walking down the sidewalk,
while shopping for groceries in vons or clothes at the mall
etc
haha

Top level of the Eiffel Tower.
In the middle of Organic Chemistry class.
On top of the science academic building at my uni.
In airports in NJ, NY, S.Africa, Senegal, France, and Germany.

I've played in a psychotherapy session (I'm the therapist).
Waiting for an oil change in my car.
Outside in a snow storm, playing a Singing Treholipee no less.

On a plane waiting for take off.

I was in LA headed back home to Hawaii and there was a kid sitting next to me that needed to be chilled out.

Seeing that parking lot uke'ing thread gave me the idea. Whats the oddest place you've played ukulele? (feel free to list several)

HAHA Glad I could inspire :).

Other than the parking lot of that gym (which does normally get me a lot of looks, some times I worry imma cause a car crash.)

Out in front of school, if you went to school in HI you wouldn't understand but over here on the mainland (in the middle of a freaking desert lol) you don't see many people carrying around portable guitars (lolz) much less actually playing them out after and before school.

This afternoon actually I was playing in a restaurant was hanging out with some friends I brought my uke it was a really fancy BBQ restaurant lol not to busy some people came by to listen, some of the waiters it was cool.

Soon it's going to be at the mall to jam session at the mall with a few of my friends tomorrow, hopefully they don't kick us out from there lol.

I sometimes play in my clasroom for students, they like the singalongs.
I have played in several airports.

i am trying to arrange with the national bank here in Budapest to video me playing in their paternoster lift, an amazing bit of machinery.

they havent yet agreed

I didn't play much so far as I'm a beginner- but at my first Ukulele meeting we played at the Pariser Platz in front of the Brandenburg Gate while "the Giants in Berlin" Festival was on... among hundreds of other people.
The funny thing was that everyone smiled and where really nice when they saw us playing ukulele. :D

I wish I could've stayed longer that day :( as I had to leave the guys early.

Lots of airports (JFK, LAX, Seattle, Chicago O'Hare, etc.) but oddest place was probably in Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska.
picture.php

I sometimes play in my clasroom for students, they like the singalongs.

When I was at school we had a maths teacher who had been in the navy during the war. He loved to talk about it and sometimes we could get him to ramble for a whole double lesson without him realising. We weren't at all interested in his war exploits but it was better than doing maths so we did it on a regular basis.
Now, I'm not suggesting your students are working along the same lines but..........:uhoh:

I failed my exam by the way.

Ian.

I'll tell you about my best outside Uke playing experience.
A few months ago my sons band supported Me First and the Gimme Gimme's at Liverpool Academy. I took my Uke to play in the van on the way down and then took it into the dressing room. I was tinkling away whilst Fat Mike and the band were wandering around outside and Spike Slawson (vocals in case you don't know them) came in and started talking. We talked Uke for a while and he played my Uke :cool: before going off to do his set. Knock me down with a feather halfway through the set he produces his own uke and does a couple of songs with it (which I have on video).
The band (and the venue staff) were all incredibly friendly and we had a great night and I have a great Uke memory. Wish I'd taken a pic though.

Ian.

Oh yeah, I forgot. At seminary graduation I had my Hilo hidden up the sleeve of my gown and strummed it as I stepped up to receive my diploma and hood. (well, we didn't get to keep the hood).

I was walking around an animal shelter just looking at puppies and started playing. I sat down and some of the dogs rushed at me and kept sniffing it.
eventually, some fell asleep, haha

the power of the uke makes small animals fall asleep. ^~^

Top Bottom