Songs you wish you could play on ukulele

The Pinneapple Pirate

Reaction score
Whether it just doesn't work on ukulele or you're just not practiced enough, what song do you wish you could play on uke?

Me personally I wanna learn carry on wayward son by kansas

I know everybody can play it. But I wish I could play while my guitar gently weeps really clean, with a nice bright sounding ukulele. Like jakes cover on youtube. I have never really attempted the song because everybody plays it, but I would like to play that song really clean.

I know everybody can play it. But I wish I could play while my guitar gently weeps really clean, with a nice bright sounding ukulele. Like jakes cover on youtube. I have never really attempted the song because everybody plays it, but I would like to play that song really clean.

one of the songs that everyone wants to learn. So hard.

everything jake shimabukuro, james hill and aldrine Guerrero play!
Actually I think I just wished I played like them:p

one of the songs that everyone wants to learn. So hard.

I played the first few lines of the tabs somebody sent me. It doesn't look hard, I can play up until sliding from 3rd fret to g chord up at 10/11 frets. But I learn a lot better with somebody showing me, because I know where to put my fingers . I duno..

I just noticed the other day actually, after two years.

I learnt ukulele from iamhawaii.com... and aldrine teaches, but we do the g chord differently, our middle and pointer finger and swapped around. But i think its strange because I copy everything I am shown, guess just more comfortable.,

k off topic, sorry!

A bunch of stuff by the Indigo Girls. They use all sorts of weird chords that don't work with 4 strings. :(

I wish I could play "the Shadow of Your Smile" and "Tenderly" the way Craig Brandau does it. Also all the Bach pieces done by John King and Rob MacKillop's repertoire.

This thread should be re-named: Songs I intend on playing on the uke

Hehe :)

So for me that would be songs by The Smashing Pumpkins and my own I decide to write up one day.

Blue Skies ~The Willie Nelson version
Ebenezer ~ Yonder Mountain String Band
Lenny ~ Stevie Ray Vaughn
Little Wing ~ Jimi Hendrix
Gypsy Ukulele ~ Dominators Version

I want to be able to play 3rd Stream, but I ran out of talent.:(

Whether it just doesn't work on ukulele or you're just not practiced enough, what song do you wish you could play on uke?

Me personally I wanna learn carry on wayward son by kansas

Zomby Woof by Frank Zappa

Zomby Woof by Frank Zappa
How about The Black Page? ;)

I'd like to be able to play all those acoustic blues songs from the 1920s; tunes by Charlie Patton, Bo Carter, Blind Lemon Jefferson, et al.

Or, alternately, something by Captain Beefheart.

"Pipeline", the "Theme to Endless Summer" and the intro to "Quiet Village" Martin Denny's version.

I got the chords down to "Endless Summer" but not the picking part and can play "Quiet Village" just can't figure out the intro.

Last edited:
Top Bottom