What's your dream uke?

The Pinneapple Pirate

Reaction score
Personally I don't know enough about ukulele's to have a 'dream' one, but I was wondering if anyone else does?

If money and all that wasn't an issue, what would your dream ukulele be?

Kanile'a Custom, a little bit like Aldrine's one, but with plain headstock and a dark rosette. A mix between Mary-Jane and TheJumpingFlea's Moore Bettah.

CouS

In my dreams, probably a Pete Howlett concert. :drool:

A little closer to reality, but still beyond my means, a Kala acacia tenor or concert. :drool:

But what I have is fine for now. :)

Moore Bettah

I'd get a Moore Bettah super conceert with lots of inlay.

I'd most likely pick a Mike DaSilva "Santo" reproduction.

hm...
if it's a dream uke, why not go for broke?!?!

my would be an actual Santo!

mine are so textbook...
a santo, a dias, and nunes and a 20's martin 3k (i know, i know... but i like actually like the 3's better then 5's... call my nuts.)
:D

A custom bluegrass uke by Tom Guy....no inlay no binding...just solid craftmanship. cedar top, graphite fret board, gotoh tuners, fishman passive pickup & a selmer style sound hole with a mahogany rosette

Similar to Aldrines, or the ukulele that has turtles.

that made no sense, but I know what I'm talking about!

Similar to Aldrines, or the ukulele that has turtles.

that made no sense, but I know what I'm talking about!

You mean these?
l_trc-kxxx.jpg

Mine keeps changing. One day it's a KoAloha Sceptre, the next it's a custom by Moore Bettah or Pete Howlett. I really want (and one day shall get) a standard concert Fluke with a Kente cloth pattern printed on the top.

Sometimes I'm pretty sure I'd rather have one of each Mainland models than one really expensive uke.

What is my dream uke of the day? See this one from Chuck? I'll take it in tenor, please!
IMG_1014_op_227x331.jpg

Does it have to be just one? My dream uke is a Favilla blue teardrop soprano. However... I wish it had one modification - an extended fretboard with about 15 frets. I have been playing my Aloha and I have become addicted to the extra frets.

I would also love to get a Leonardo Nunes or a Jonah Kumalae.

I'd like a custom, back and sides in Oregon Myrtlewood, top in Oregon Port Orford Cedar, binding and other trim in Oregon Claro Walnut. I've thought about an Oregon maple fretboard to keep it in state, but I do also love the looks of ebony...

Hmm...is there a pattern here?

Whatever uke is in my hands.
In all seriousness, I am living the dream:D

Everything I value on guitars I value on ukes as well. I prefer plain jane instruments with impeccable craftsmanship that allows the beauty of the wood itself to take center stage. My only concession to bling would be a single abalone ring as a rosette.

I don't have any familiarity with the K brands, never having played any. I'm liking the Collings UT 1, which I have played, magnificent instrument for around 1k.

I think if I had to pick just one of the many ukuleles I've been looking at online lately, I'd probably go with one of Chuck's. Man they all look so sweet.

Think I'd like a Pete Howlett tenor with a bit of bling! As I'm only a beginner I better get playing more first:)

Chuck will really have his hands full if any of us freaks get our hands on a bunch of cash. ;)

Pineapple Sunday. Ukulele perfection right there!

Or a solid-koa Moore Bettah concert with interesting wood grain, and a moon jellyfish inlaid on the headstock with some kind of iridescent shell. And I really like pin bridges lately, so it'd have to have a pin bridge. Chuck's "Not So Basic" ukes look so good in every way that I wouldn't want something that different. Just a slightly modified one that I can play and not worry about too much.

Top Bottom