Small objects of desire.

grammy

Reaction score
We all drool over our next uke...don't we? well some of us drool over several! these are my target ukes in the coming year or two. what are yours?

Waverley St banjolele, Sweet.
tn_108-01.jpg

Mainland concert, slotted head, love it.
slott%20head%20stock2.jpg

Kala Ubass... i want this so bad it hurts.
200x266_1250120242_5321_risa_UBass.jpg

Last edited:
I want one of each but being out of work keeps that in check. So I'm building 1 for myself. A concert out of birds eye maple. Don't really need another but I also don't have a concert Uke either.

I can't see getting another uke in the coming year, but if I did it'd prolly be a Kala acacia tenor or concert. :)

I want one of each but being out of work keeps that in check. So I'm building 1 for myself. A concert out of birds eye maple. Don't really need another but I also don't have a concert Uke either.

With gorgeous old style binding (in addition to the bird's eye maple)?:)

I was wondering about those Fenders also - but my dream uke is a Favilla soprano. I really want a blue teardrop:iwant:, but I would be very happy with a regular mahogany soprano.:drool:

Realistically? Probably a Mainland Tenor.

Unrealistically? A Boat Paddle...all of their models just make me drool.

I'd like to get a Mainland, although I'm not sure whether I want a concert or tenor, mahogany, red cedar or mango, gold or silver geared tuners, ebony or mother of pearl tuner buttons .....

On the offchance someone actually looks at my job applications and hires me, I'll have a down payment for a custom uke. ;) But times are tough now, so I'm trying to keep my spending reasonable.

KalaKAMCfront.jpg

I saw one in a music store in my area for $300.
I'm unsure of how much they usually are, but I so want for my birthday...:drool:

actually, i've changed my mind..
kpsm03.jpg

I found this online for $1350.. lol
I have $10 so far..
so only $1340 more.....

Last edited:
kamaka tenor

or maybe a pineapple sunday? maybe a bucket of money will fall on my head and I'll get both!

im jumping on a mohagany concert mainland with pickup as soon as they become available...

after that im holding off for awhile. at that point ill have a soprano, a concert and a flea.

in my mind my dream set of ukes will be complete once i own a pineapple too...but i promised myself i would save buying one for when i go to hawaii...whenever that may be.

I'm easy to please. Something along the lines of the Kala Koa wood soprano from MGM :drool:

Bfj1BkmkKGrHqMH-EMErfRkEMdNBLB2eU4j.jpg

It'll have to wait until after I pay my property tax this year.
Ernest

I've been lusting after a Kala Acacia Tenor ever since MGM got them! And then he goes and gets the Koalana Concerts! I have a tenor, a baritone, and my grandkids each have sopranos here that I can play, but really haven't tried concerts much. Decisions, decisions!! And then I was in our local instrument shop getting some work done on one of my guitars, and tried an Ohana Cedar Top Tenor with Willow back & sides that has a really sweet sound. But I guess since my wife says ABSOLUTELY NO MORE UKULELES!! unless I can convince her one would be the perfect Christmas/birthday gift, I'll just have to keep dreaming.

You know how on Thanksgiving you maybe say I'm just going to have a taste of everything? And then you get seconds and thirds because it's all so good? So then you end up bloated and farting on the couch, unable to move? (Or none of the above).

I have pretty well satiated my UAS at the moment and will have the credit card bill to prove it (and will likely be sitting on the couch unable to move in shock when it gets here), thanks to my Kanile'a, she's my best sweetheart, very understated except for her curly and her abalone fret markers. I'm just going to get her some abalone inlay ebony bridge pins and I'm good.

BUT, if money was no object and closet space was plenty, there would be a KoAloha pineapple in the near future.

i can't bring myself to prioritise a pineapple uke, or a fluke shape. but since i am after a 'set' of sizes and types i guess somewhere down the line i will find the cash. my current idea of a set is...

soprano
concert
tenor
baritone
bass
banjolele
cigarbox
plastic
resonator.
pineapple
fluke.

Top Bottom