MissZooey [n.] 1. aussie 2. ex-lurker, experimental contributor on UU & YouTube

misszooey

Reaction score
Hey UU,

I'm still getting a hang of this marvelous ukulele contraption. I bought myself my first uke from Honolulu Walmart for Christmas '07 (with honourable intentions), but didn't even learn to tune it until March '09 (!).
Silly Zooey.

I was introduced to UU by Pete Howlett after his Extreme Build Workshop at the Helsinki Ukulele Festival, August '09. It was at Pete's workshop that I made my treasured solid Koa Concert, called BB.

Don't let the Honolulu-Welshman-Helsinki thing fool you, I'm Aussie.
I just like to travel :)

I've always been an avid lurker on youtube, but recently decided that I should give it a go. Mostly because I'm too chicken to perform in public, and seem free to be my crazy self when it's just me in the room. You can check out my channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/MissZooey.

Aaaaaand that's me. :D

MissZooey I'm so glad you're a part of this community. I love your videos! You seem really fun. Hope your stay is a long one.

Aloha Zooey, welcome to UU and glad to have you aboard. Checked out your vid and YT channel, love your energy and enthusiasm. Looking forward to more of your vids. Lots of good info here as well as a bunch of great folks. Again, E Komo Mai . . .

Welcome. :)

E komo mai :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: Miss Zooey you are awesome, and I love your 'ukulele. Looking forward to many more vids. What part of Oz you from?

Hey everyone, thanks for all the love!! (and lolcats ;))

E komo mai Miss Zooey you are awesome, and I love your 'ukulele. Looking forward to many more vids. What part of Oz you from?

I'm originally from outback NSW, but have been a Sydney-sider for a while now. :)

I think they have all fallen in love with something more than your playing Zoe :) Well done for coming out of the closet (leaving it behind you might say - I've just seen the vid....) and joining in. You have a pretty deep fan base over on the builders forum with an offer of at least one apprenticeship - I'd go for it... the chance to work with Chuck Moore is not to be missed :)

redux
Your voice is so lovely. Get out there and play in public - you know you want to!

Last edited:
I've always been an avid lurker on youtube, but recently decided that I should give it a go. Mostly because I'm too chicken to perform in public, and seem free to be my crazy self when it's just me in the room. You can check out my channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/MissZooey.

Aaaaaand that's me. :D

Don't be chicken, it looks like you did a fine job.

I think they have all fallen in love with something more than your playing Zoe :) Well done for coming out of the closet (leaving it behind you might say - I've just seen the vid....) and joining in. You have a pretty deep fan base over on the builders forum with an offer of at least one apprenticeship - I'd go for it... the chance to work with Chuck Moore is not to be missed :)

redux
Your voice is so lovely. Get out there and play in public - you know you want to!

thanks pete :) well it is all because someone helped me make an awesome uke and gave me a desire to know more than 'half-songs'! i could use an apprenticeship... makes more sense than a phd... hehe

once again, thank you everybody for such a warm welcome :)

my latest video is up and i'm sporting a fabulous mo for movember!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--NyvAVpUb8

if you are so inclined, you can donate to my movember fundraising challenge at http://au.movember.com/mospace/500293. any support is greatly appreciated.

i hope i'm not breaching any forum rules by advertising my fundraising..?

Last edited:
Welcome to UU. I started playing around the same time as you, I'm not nearly as popular though.

I wish I had heard of Movember before, cause I'd have grown this out again. Next year I'll bring it back.

Attachments

• waxed stache.jpg
    waxed stache.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 2
Top Bottom