Help, new Worth 5th HighC string snapped after stringing

Howie1947

Reaction score
Was putting some new Worths on my Tenor 6-string. About 3 hrs later noticed that the High C string broke. Is there anything I can use, like fishing line to replace it. Now I have a second set of strings minus the string that broke. Thanks. Howie

Yes, I put the 2nd Hig C string on and so far so good. Now I have a 2nd set of strings without the high C. That is why I wanted to know if I could go to the local bait and tackle shop and pick up some fluorocarbon line to replace it with.

Call MGM and see if he'll sell you a single string.

I looked at Worth string sizes on Elderly's web site and I believe the string you broke may be .026" diameter. You can buy fluorocarbon fishing line that will closely match that diameter, I think either 40 or 50 pound test line will work for that diameter.

Before you buy any fishing line however, confirm the diameter of the high C string that you broke. See what is available and go from there. The diameters of the various fluorocarbon fishing lines they sell are marked on the packaging.

The answer to your question is yes...:D

Actually the measurement on the package says that the diameter? is .52mm (.0205") so that being the case, what should I purchase in the way of fishing line?? Thanks

My error on the string diameter, I'm sorry.

.0205" diameter will be a lower poundage test line, probably around a 20 pound test and I am guessing at that.

I have some 30 pound test monfilament line that is .023", that's the smallest I have.

I'm certain the fishing store will have something very close to .0205" diameter...:D

Top Bottom