Chords that hate you.

The Pinneapple Pirate

Reaction score
Well I've only been playing for about a month and a half so I haven't gotten into many of the really crazy chords, but right now I'm having trouble with B and Bm
just can't seem to play them, they hate me.

So I was curious, what chords do you find the hardest to play?

Well I've only been playing for about a month and a half so I haven't gotten into many of the really crazy chords, but right now I'm having trouble with B and Bm

Those and E. So evil.

Practice. Practice. Practice.

A few months from now you'll wonder what all the fuss was about. And since B & Bm are movable chord shapes, you'll open up a larger chunk of the fretboard once you master them making for more ways to voice chords and add variety to your playing.

It's initially a bit of a struggle, but it's well worth the effort. Muscle memory & repetition. That's all it is.

Keep practicing and it will get easier. B and Bm are now not a problem for me. But I still hate the evil E. And I'm not crazy about F#7 either...

My Bb is never a clean sound, but I keep trying. There's a couple of ways to hold it, barring works for me. Sometimes I get lazy and replace Bb with Gm7, but I use it in quick changes in a song. Otherwise, practice, practice.

I hate the E just as much as guitar players hate playing in the key of F.

Of course the E, I've been playing over a year and have just given up... E7 is my friend!!!

Now I am starting to hate Am7 now... the other one....second position

Learn to bar those B's alot easier that way

Of course the E, I've been playing over a year and have just given up... E7 is my friend!!!

Now I am starting to hate Am7 now... the other one....second position

Learn to bar those B's alot easier that way

I actually don't get all the fuss about E
it was pretty tricky at first but I've kinda got the hand of it, and it only took me hours of practice every single day o.o

That D6 chord in dragon, the 7979 chord, oooh it detests me....

Actually, the chords probably don't hate you - they are just going "haha! Look at that sucker try and play me! Better luck next time!". :D

When I was starting E was hard. Not because I couldn't play it, but because my fingers were weak and after jamming through "Under the Boardwalk" in A they would start to hurt. Now the hardest chord for me to play consistently is Fmaj7: 2413. Keep on practicing!

FMajor7 (2413) must be one of the most difficult - that's why I always use one of three alternatives, but we've been over this several times recently.

John Colter.

Bm hates me too. When I finally master it, I'll be able to do "Cry Me A River"!

CountryMouse

Bm hates me too. When I finally master it, I'll be able to do "Cry Me A River"!

CountryMouse

yeah right now im kinda cheating for bm
im baring C E and A with my index finger and kinda bringing my thumb over the top to mute the g string
not how you're supposed to do it, but it works for now

You can often get away with Bminor7 (2222) instead - but don't tell anyone I said it.

John Colter.

Those and E. So evil.

Does anyone play the E chord by barring the fourth fret and then pressing the little (4) finger on the seventh fret of the A string?

picture.php

I've been teaching myself to play the E chord the conventional way, but this seems like an okay substitute.

Does anyone play the E chord by barring the fourth fret and then pressing the little (4) finger on the seventh fret of the A string?

picture.php

I've been teaching myself to play the E chord the conventional way, but this seems like an okay substitute.

nah what i do is bar the g C and E strings with my pinky at the forth fret and then E on the 2nd fret with my middle finger
seems a bit easier than the way i see others doing it, for me at least

That D6 chord in dragon, the 7979 chord, oooh it detests me....

How do you play it? That one drove me crazy when I tried to play it as a barre chord (especially on a soprano). Then I tried first finger on the G, third finger on the C, second finger on the E, and fourth finger on the A and all of a sudden it made a lot more sense.

Basically any chord that makes me use all 4 fingers. Something about my pinky finger not wanting to cooperate.

I'm working on it, though. My hand just doesn't want to scrunch up for chords like Abdim in "Let It Snow".

Top Bottom