6 string tenor as a main uke?

iDavid

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting a tenor, but can decide between the four of six string. I know I can just take two strings off the 6 string and make it a four string, but I think that would "bug" me.

So, do you guys think a 6 string uke could make a good main uke. I strum and finger pick, btw.

thanks

david

I'm looking at getting a tenor, but can decide between the four of six string. I know I can just take two strings off the 6 string and make it a four string, but I think that would "bug" me.

So, do you guys think a 6 string uke could make a good main uke. I strum and finger pick, btw.

thanks

david

6 stringers are fun. If u did remove the two strings the spacing would be off as a four string and that would bug me. Ultimately using a 6 string as your main uke would depend you. I used mine a lot before I sold it. What kind are you thinking about getting?

i wouldnt have a 6 or 8 as a main, but thats just me, after owning an 8 as a main i wouldnt do it again, but as a second, im hanging to get my hands on a 6 string, reallly really want a mele double puka cutaway 6 string

mele mahogany :D

I am leaning towards the 4 string

why did you sell the 6 string?

My 6 was a old mele mahghany that sounded so good. I wanted an 8 string so I sold it and my koa top mele to buy a pono mango 8 string. I prefered the 6 string I discovered. I wanted a koa 8 string from mele but ukerepublic got me a great deal on the pono. I ended up trading the pono for a koaloha long neck soprano for my wife. I will be buying a mele 6 string later. I wouldn't say the 6 string was my main uke but I played it whenever I played with a guitarist. The gentleman that bought my 6 string contacted me about my 8 string and I offered him a straight up trade. He refused. I laughed. I tried.

Top Bottom