Uke Minutes 69 - How To Install an Ukulele Pickup

Hey UU peeps! This week's (extra-informative) episode of Uke Minutes is now up and running -

Uke Minutes 69 - How to Install an Ukulele Pickup

More specifically, how to install a Mi-Si Acoustic Trio pickup in a Kanile'a Ukulele. Hosted and taught by uke-builder extraordinaire (and owner of Kanile'a Ukulele), Joe Souza! So you know you're getting some quality schoolin' right there.

This one was a little on the longish side for an ep of Uke Minutes ... let us know if it was worth it! Got questions, comments, tips, personal stories about installing pickups, Christmas Kanile'a wishes? Post them all below!

That was very interesting! Thanks for uploading it! Now I know that I'm never going to do this myself. ;) Would be too much excitement for me...

Great Uke Minute! It looked easy with the rigs that Joe has developed but might be a challenge for me.

That was a terrific Uke Minutes! It allowed me to relive having Joe Souza drill a hole into "Waimea," my Kanile'a tenor for her strap button.

It also allowed me to see what poor "Pele," my Kamaka tenor went through when she had her Mi-Si pickup installed. I hope they took the same level of care and dedication that Joe did on that Kanile'a.

Wow, I've been pronouncing it wrong this whole time. I've been saying "my sai" instead of "me see." I also learned to pronounce "vinyl" today. Go me. :p

Great Uke Minutes. But I have to admit I cringed every time he brought a power tool close to that beautiful uke. :)

If you are afraid of the router, you can always sand the saddle down to adjust for the thickness of the pick up.

That was very interesting! Thanks for uploading it! Now I know that I'm never going to do this myself. ;) Would be too much excitement for me...

Hahah exactly. I now know enough to know I don't want to do it myself. :) And gives me a greater appreciation for whoever I hire to do it for me!

Excellent Uke Minutes! The concept of the Mi Si active pickup system is new to me... I really like it.

That was a really cool uke minutes!! I was in the process of ordering my uke from mainland with a mi-si when this came out. made me appreciate the fact that most manufacturers do this for free. I couldnt imagine having to do it myself. Awesome video though. BTW, if I ever started drilling holes in a Kanile'a like he did....someone PLEASE STOP ME!!! :eek:

Can wait to compare the mi-si in my new concert with the undersaddle in my Mainland Honeybee Soprano. Mike said he should be shipping it today so I'll make a video of it once I get it :D

Thanks for a great tutorial. I just successfully installed a Mi-Si in my Kala Acacia Tenor and it went smooth as silk and sounds great. I've installed pickups in guitars before but the tips unique to this system and ukes taught me some new things. Thanks again!

Top Bottom