8 string tuning question

cjensen91910

Reaction score
Went in for a set of strings. Out of what I needed. Saw a Lanikai 8 string, played it and bought it! What happened! All I needed was a set of strings! Any way,, can the 8 string be re strung to a G tuning like my other tenor is? Has any body done this? Can it be done?

If you mean ggcCeeaa then yes, you will need two sets of strings or a extra G from another set to do it.

A 8 string can be strung so many different ways its really up to personal preference. Personally I am a gGcCeEAA person gives it a Tahitian sort of sound.

I mean Dgbe as my other tenor is tuned. Unsure if this can be done and curious.

yeh it can be i when i was buying my first 8 string it was tuned DdGgbbee or something along those lines

If this can be done does any body know where the strings can be obtained? Or at least the sizes needed so I can get some single strings and try it. I would like to have this Uke tuned like my guitar and other tenor. No chord pattern changes then from one to another. Thanks much for the replies..

I really must stop going into Grampa's Music here in St Augustine!! He just opened another shop south of here that is ALL Uke's!! Every time I go in I end up spending at least triple what I had planned on. I am going to talk to him about setting it up for me in G tune and see what he thinks. He is a great player with a good luthier so I should get a good read on this idea. Will let all know what he says.. Again, thanks for the replies...

Top Bottom