New Ukuleles!!!

cornfedgroove

Reaction score
I made these cigar box ukes...one tenor, one concert...one blonde, one brunette...one with friction tuners, one geared. I dont mind friction tuners, even the cheap ones, but I like how geared tuners stick out the side. I left some of the pictures sideways because you get better detail that way.

cigarboxes.jpgcigarboxes 172.jpgcigarboxes 173.jpg
cigarboxes 174.jpgcigarboxes 175.jpg

They're both nice, but I'm really loving that concert - love the dark wood! Great job!

Very nice work CornFed. I like how you made one blonde and one brunette.

Those look great!:shaka:

John Colter

Wow, they look fantastic, Is it a simple build procedure, has anyone got any plans or is there a build sequence anyplace?

Wow, they look fantastic, Is it a simple build procedure, has anyone got any plans or is there a build sequence anyplace?

here's something simple...I cant look at plans. They look like a bunch of chickenscratch to me, but it gives you a basic visual. I'm sure its just my brain that rejects the "business" of typical plans like this.

Looking real good! I like the traditionally shaped necks MUCH more than the rectangular profile ones....

Looking real good! I like the traditionally shaped necks MUCH more than the rectangular profile ones....

I can round the fatties, I'll probably even do away with the neck-thru design, but to shape it to a traditional profile THAT THIN?...a little more work with the rasp than I may care to undertake. I like that rustic feel...maybe its my excuse I use to rationalize less work LOL

right now though I'm digging the simplicity of the bolt-on...not better, not worse...just different

Top Bottom