I need your help!

Ukulele Jim

Reaction score
Hey, gang.

Do you listen to Pandora Radio? They’re a very popular streaming music site, and I would love to have my music included in their library. It would help my exposure tremendously. I need your help to make this happen.

I’ve tried submitting my two albums to them, and they rejected them both times. I am not allowed to resubmit my music for inclusion on their service… apparently they consider stuff one time and then it’s rejected forever.

They gave no explanation why they rejected my music. It’s professionally produced, it spans several genres, there’s comparable music out there, so what’s the problem? Is it just not good enough? I have no idea, and they won't say. I can assume based on what I’m seeing elsewhere online that Pandora simply doesn’t accept independent artist submissions. If you’re indie, if you’re unsigned to a major label, you’re unwelcome.

The only other way (based on what I see in the FAQ) to get my music included in their private club is to have fans write in and request my music :

"How do I suggest music if it’s not already on Pandora?

When you try to add a song or artist to one of your stations, or try to create a station from a song or artist, and Pandora doesn’t recognize it, please let us know!

Send your music suggestions to: suggest-music@pandora.com"

So now this is where I emplore you, my friends, to help out. If you would take just a moment and send a variation of the following message to suggest-music@pandora.com, maybe they can be convinced that my stuff is worthy:

"Dear Pandora Radio,

I would love to hear some music by Ukulele Jim played on your radio, especially stuff from his album "Ukulele Jim’s Authentic Down Home Marital Aid". Please put him on!

Sincerely,
______"
Maybe this will help, maybe it won’t, I have no idea. Pandora doesn’t communicate, so I can only hope. Maybe if enough people write but Pandora doesn’t budge on this album they’ll at least remember that people like Ukulele Jim and therefore might be more likely to add my next album when it’s ready (which will be soon).

Thanks for your support!

An email has been sent! I hope they do put you on this station. I'd love to hear your music on there!!

-Lil

Last edited:
You owe me sixer! Done!

Done

I love Pandora. What are friends for? I sent it off a moment ago.

I just sent it. I do actually like your music by the way.

Just got a reply! Looks like our emails are helping. :)

Hey there Melissa,

Thanks for the great recommendation of Ukulele Jim. We greatly appreciate your feedback! We're getting so many great music suggestions every day. So it may take us some time, but we will look into checking out this cool new music. I've added this to our to-research list. Thanks for taking the time to write to us and for your interest in Pandora!
Cheers,
Jasmyn
Listener Advocate @ Pandora

-
PANDORA®

internet radio

www.pandora.com

-
More questions about Pandora? Please check our FAQ: http://blog.pandora.com/faq/

I also got a reply from Jem.

Thanks for your request. I've logged him to our research list and we'll try to check him out. Thanks for listening!
Jem

I got a response too!

Hey there Lil,

Thanks for the great recommendation of Ukulele Jim. We greatly appreciate your feedback! We're getting so many great music suggestions every day. So it may take us some time, but we will look into checking out this cool new music. I've added him to our to-research list. Thanks for taking the time to write to us and for your interest in Pandora!

Cheers,
Jasmyn
Listener Support @ Pandora

Good luck! I bet you'll be on in no time! Your music is really great!!

Thanks, everyone. It seems that those are pretty canned responses, but maybe there's truth to their words and they'll really research my music. It'd be really easy, all they have to do is look in their rejection pile! :)

Thanks, everyone. It seems that those are pretty canned responses, but maybe there's truth to their words and they'll really research my music. It'd be really easy, all they have to do is look in their rejection pile! :)

I also received a reply -

Hi there Shane

Looks like Ukulele Jim fans have made a concerted effort to get this message to us over the last day or two. We welcome independent CD submissions for possible inclusion in our collection. So please tell your friend that they're free to mail us upload their songs for our consideration! The guidelines and address are here: http://blog.pandora.com/faq/index.html#31

Thanks for your email, and we hope you're discovering some great new music using Pandora!

Cheers,
Jasmyn

Top Bottom