Goldtone Banjolele

christinajane

Reaction score
Hi,

Im looing for a banjolele, and I was recommended by someone on this site, a Goldtone banjolele.

Are these good banjoleles? I heard someone else say that they were not happy with theirs.

Also, I am always a bit suspicious by instruments that are mass produced and made in China..

Can anyone give me any more feedback on this. I would appreciate it!

Oh, and is there a big difference between an open back and a closed back? I like the look of a closed back more, but I get the impression that open backs have a better sound quality..

Thanks Guys

Christina

Oh ok, so both types are just as good as the other as long as the build quality is good.

I played a closed back banjolele today and I really want to get one it sounded great, but it had a made in china sticker on the back so it kinda put me off...

i'm interested too.

Dont be put off by China these days - the vast majority of affordable instruments are made there, and some of them are made very well. I am currently gigging an acoustic guitar by Vintage, made in China, and winner of Acoustic magazine best guitar under £1000

My Mainland also - love of my life, is made in China and assembled in USA

The production quality is so much higher than years ago

The cheap banjolele I was looking at was a basic Hohner Countryman - closed back - only £140

Ya i was looking at the same banjoleles. I saw the 2 different kinds, the Goldtone Banjolele, and the Goldtone Banjolele Deluxe. They both are quite expensive. I heard a preview of each
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3LQ2uqtXes <------Deluxe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDtEblLUX7c <------Normal
The Deluxe, in my opinion, sounds exceptionally better then the other. Also the look if the deluxe looks more banjoy looking. BUT, again the price is crazy.

Hope this helps u chose or not chose one of the Goldtone banjoleles.

sorry - where are waverley st? (without being to obvious, dont tell me they are on waverley st)

sorry - where are waverley st? (without being to obvious, dont tell me they are on waverley st)

have you never thought of trying google?

http://www.wsukes.com/forsale.html

If there are not any banjoleles at the moment for sale, get in touch with him and he will give you an ETA. this is well worth it you are paying for a hand built solid wood instrument made by a craftsman, not an underpaid chinese factory worker.

My Goldtone was made in Korea - (a notch up from China quality wise back then - but China is catching up) but assembled in Florida.

I got the deluxe, with resonator. It makes it heavier for sure, but of course it projects real well.

I might leave the reso off after a while. I played it without, and enjoyed the ability to use the angle of the back to my body to alter the sound - and it was lighter and comfier.

Mine feels like quality, and the action was perfect.

no, I have never, ever thought about trying Google. I obviously should. Thanks for that..

I have a Waverly up for sale on eBay right now. It's beautiful and I wouldn't part with it if I wasn't broke. :)

Hey guys, thanks for the tips.

I think the one I saw at the weekend was an Orzik...or something along those lines...

Top Bottom