PDA

View Full Version : Prayers or vibes... Whatever you've got, please

buddhuu
11-21-2009, 10:14 AM
My good friend and bandmate PJ has had a heart attack and is in hospital. :(

He's a big lad (also known as "Porky"), and has had a stressful year, so perhaps it was on the cards.

He's a great mate and a totally nice bloke. I love him to bits.

Please keep him in your thoughts.

Melissa82
11-21-2009, 10:37 AM
I'm so sorry. I hope he comes through. :(

ukeshale
11-21-2009, 10:39 AM
All the best. Thinking of him.

RevWill
11-21-2009, 10:41 AM
You got it, Buddhuu.

Ronnie Aloha
11-21-2009, 10:59 AM
He is in my thoughts...

mailman
11-21-2009, 11:06 AM
Major positive vibes heading PJ's way. Here's hoping he's soon on the mend! Keep your chin up, buddhuu, and keep us posted on PJ's progress....

retrozombi
11-21-2009, 11:08 AM
Sorry to hear it. All the best.

Ukulele JJ
11-21-2009, 12:06 PM
Oh man, sorry to hear. Positive vibes heading that way...

JJ

JT_Ukes
11-21-2009, 12:15 PM
All my best!

seeso
11-21-2009, 01:03 PM
Everything I got, it's Porky's.

phanzo
11-21-2009, 01:25 PM
Super positive vibes to PJ. Certainly in my thoughts. I'm sure he'll pull through :D

veep
11-21-2009, 01:27 PM
All the best

Rainhill
11-21-2009, 01:29 PM
Get well soon PJ

Dominator
11-21-2009, 01:44 PM
Having been through this myself I know what he must be going through. Good vibes and prayers are heading his way. Wishing him the best during his recovery.

RyanMFT
11-21-2009, 02:52 PM
Sending your friend warm thoughts and prayers. May he recover soon.

Faricelli
11-21-2009, 02:57 PM
Prayers on the way PJ.

HoldinCoffee
11-21-2009, 02:59 PM
Well wishes
~ALWAYS

UkÚDan
11-21-2009, 03:01 PM
Sending all the vibes I got Porky's way.

ainokeato
11-21-2009, 03:03 PM
Dang, mucho love from vegas, we all hope he'll get better.

buddhuu
11-21-2009, 03:12 PM
Thanks so much. I love all you guys.

Looks like it's helping. :) Word is that the episode was mild. Paul is well enough to talk on the phone, and he's got his mobile (cell) with him in the hospital. Our banjo player has spoken with him and he's hoping to be out in just a few days.

Gonna try to give him a call myself in the morning. Don't want to hassle him tonight, he probably needs a rest.

I wonder if they'd let us take his upright bass into the ward?! :D

Thank you all SO much for your thoughts, wishes and prayers. Believe me, they're helping a really nice fella.

BTW: just so you now this isn't entirely OT - he does bang away on ukulele as well as bass. He has a disgusting green Mahalo! :D

Thanks again. :shaka:

rogue_wave
11-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Sending good vibes and hopeful thoughts from New York.

jinny
11-21-2009, 03:35 PM
:eek:

:(

hoping for the best.

Rzr
11-21-2009, 04:20 PM
Good vibes sent from Canada.

Teek
11-21-2009, 05:18 PM
All best wishes for a speedy recovery! And warm wishes your way as well. :)

ricdoug
11-21-2009, 06:07 PM
Porky's in our prayers and we send him the est. Ric

bbycrts
11-21-2009, 07:09 PM
Porky Prayers being said as I write this!

kluson
11-21-2009, 11:03 PM
Thoughts with him and you, hope he gets well soon
all the best
Dave

Matt Clara
11-22-2009, 01:42 AM
My good friend and bandmate PJ has had a heart attack and is in hospital. :(

He's a big lad (also known as "Porky"), and has had a stressful year, so perhaps it was on the cards.

He's a great mate and a totally nice bloke. I love him to bits.

Please keep him in your thoughts.

I'm real sorry to hear it, Buddhuu, my best friend recently had a similar experience. Scary stuff.

Lanark
11-22-2009, 02:19 AM
I'm wishing him well and hoping he's back slappin' that bass before you know it.

My buddy, Tim plays in a cover band on the Iron Range of Northern Minnesota. Not too long ago while they were in the middle of practice their guitar player suffered a mild stroke. Just kind of blinked out in the middle of a song. He's doing fine now, but it was very freaky for them. It did inspire them to add some Billy Squier (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLHc-yIAPbg) to their set.

nohandles
11-22-2009, 02:21 AM
Buddhuu, We will defiantly keep your mate in our prayers. Doug

FatBaldGuy
11-22-2009, 11:09 AM
My best good thoughts for your friend.

FBG

buddhuu
11-22-2009, 10:58 PM
Thanks again, guys.

I spoke with PJ yesterday. From what he told me, I gather that current medical opinion is that he has had two heart attacks over the last few days.

He seems in pretty good spirits, laughing and joking, but there's that hint of an uncharacteristically subdued vibe. Clearly and understandably it has scared the bejaysus out of him (and the rest of us). Seems he may be in hospital a few days longer than he initially thought. We'll see soon enough.

I had to laugh at one thing. I asked him which ward he was on and he said he was on a high security ward because he was in trouble. Apparently he was apprehended sneaking out for a cigarette...

Yeh, I know... :rolleyes: *sigh*, but that's totally Porky.

ukeshale
11-23-2009, 01:36 AM
Thanks again, guys.

I spoke with PJ yesterday. From what he told me, I gather that current medical opinion is that he has had two heart attacks over the last few days.

He seems in pretty good spirits, laughing and joking, but there's that hint of an uncharacteristically subdued vibe. Clearly and understandably it has scared the bejaysus out of him (and the rest of us). Seems he may be in hospital a few days longer than he initially thought. We'll see soon enough.

I had to laugh at one thing. I asked him which ward he was on and he said he was on a high security ward because he was in trouble. Apparently he was apprehended sneaking out for a cigarette...

Yeh, I know... :rolleyes: *sigh*, but that's totally Porky.

At least he's ok :) that's good news. Thanks for keeping us posted.

jer989
11-23-2009, 01:55 AM
My best wishes for your friend (and maybe you should bring him a pack of bubblegum cigarettes next time you visit him....) :D

cocohonk
11-23-2009, 03:11 AM
Good to know he's getting better!

Anyway, a few more get well soon VIBEY VIBES to Porky!

JKoval
11-23-2009, 04:06 AM
Every board has it's asses and trolls, but the community here is amazing, and recent posts, such as these horrible events, show just that.

I'll be hoping through for good ole' Pork, Budd. We can all hope for the best. :)

johncaudrey
11-23-2009, 04:28 AM
Best wishes to PJ from me too. Keep us informed on his progress.

mailman
11-23-2009, 01:45 PM
Thanks again, guys.

My father had series of heart attacks over a two or three day span in 1959. They told him at the time to expect 8 months to live.

He did, indeed, succomb to another heart attack....in April, 1973! In the meantime he did nothing that they insisted he must do (diet, excercize), did everything they insisted he musn't do (smoke, drink, overeat), and proceeded to make liars out of the bunch of them....

Best wishes, again, to PJ.

schubs
11-23-2009, 02:40 PM
Get well soon PJ!

nikolo727
11-23-2009, 04:57 PM
prayers are out to you and your friend and his friends and his family. god bless

buddhuu
11-30-2009, 12:02 AM
PJ is out of hospital. Not only is he out of hospital, but he played 3 gigs over the weekend - two with his rock and roll band, and one last night with our band The Ploughmen. The bloke is a nutcase.

He seems to be in pretty good shape, although he sports a brutal bruise on his abdomen where the medics injected him with anticoagulant.

He's doing his best to quit smoking, but I caught him downing a couple of whiskies during the evening. He gets a little frustrated because we're all treating him like a naughty kid and nagging him about not doing stuff that's bad for him, but he knows it's because we love him and because we were really scared for him when he was ill.

Obviously he is not simply fixed now. Problems remain whether we see them or not. He needs to take care of himself, and we need to take care of him. At least he's dropped from 70-80 cigarettes a day to about 6. He's really trying.

And he's happy to be playing his bass again. That's got to be a tonic for him.

Thanks so much for all your good wishes and prayers. I don't know if they objectively helped Porky's recovery, but they sure as heck helped me. :shaka:

seeso
11-30-2009, 01:11 AM
Fantastic news, Rick! Thanks for the update.

baumer
11-30-2009, 03:22 AM
Glad to hear that Rick. I'm sure he was ready to rock after being laid up like that. Sounds like he's trying to make the lifestyle adjustments he needs to, good on ya for being such a good friend, I'm sure he appreciates it.

ukeshale
11-30-2009, 03:27 AM
That's great news :) Glad he's back on his feet.

Lanark
11-30-2009, 05:47 AM
Good to hear.

ukecantdothat
11-30-2009, 06:30 AM
PJ is out of hospital. Not only is he out of hospital, but he played 3 gigs over the weekend - two with his rock and roll band, and one last night with our band The Ploughmen. The bloke is a nutcase.

And he's happy to be playing his bass again. That's got to be a tonic for him.
Jesus H... more bad news. This crap just comes outta nowhere. As a recent victim of a stroke myself, less than two weeks ago, I have to say that music has been the best therapy.

Rock on, Porky!!!

buddhuu
11-30-2009, 09:13 AM
Jesus H... more bad news. This crap just comes outta nowhere. As a recent victim of a stroke myself, less than two weeks ago, I have to say that music has been the best therapy.

Rock on, Porky!!!

Woah, mate... :eek: Hope you're not having too rough a time with it. Keep that therapy up! :music:

ukecantdothat
11-30-2009, 10:30 AM
Woah, mate... :eek: Hope you're not having too rough a time with it. Keep that therapy up! :music:Sorry, didn't mean to pull the spotlight on me, I'm fine (I think...) I was just saying music therapy is the real deal. Mine was fairly minor and could have been much worse (obviously... I'm still typing!), just some vision trouble left over that they say "should resolve itself" over time. Time. "Who's got that?" I asked them! Guess it wasn't my time, but it does give you that wake up call that at any minute things can change, not that I needed it, there's been a rash of this type of thing in my immediate circle, lately, and I'm the "lucky" one...

BTW, I just reread my post, and it looks like I was saying "...more bad news..." in response to Porky's being released from hospital - not my intent, of course!

Continued good wishes!

buddhuu
11-30-2009, 10:57 AM
Sorry, didn't mean to pull the spotlight on me[...]

No worries. Plenty of spotlight to go around. Just glad you're doing ok. Take care.

[...]BTW, I just reread my post, and it looks like I was saying "...more bad news..." in response to Porky's being released from hospital - not my intent, of course![...]

LOLz. :D That's ok, we knew what you meant.

mailman
11-30-2009, 01:26 PM
Rick, great news about PJ! Now, how about a uke-with-bass video? :D

buddhuu
11-30-2009, 10:34 PM
Rick, great news about PJ! Now, how about a uke-with-bass video? :D

It will happen. :D