Pyramid Strings

kluson

Reaction score
Hi again everyone.
I have used Pyramid Guitar strings for a long time and found them to be great. I know this has no indication of how good the Ukulele strings would be..... but has anyone tried them? and what were the findings?
Many thanks
Dave

Are they nylon? And is the D string (for Low G) wound (bronze or silver)??

never tried them, so I should therefore avoid being negative.

That said, I've read dozens of comments on my new Uke that arrives next week (A Bruko) that I understand to be strung with Pyramids. not yet seen a review that suggests they are anything other than "strings that need replacing"..

I was sent some Pyramid soprano uke strings to try. I did not like them at all.

John Colter.

Hi K916,

It was over a year ago, and my memory is hazy. The Ukulele Shop (since closed) sent them to me, and asked for my comments. I tried them - they sounded very poor indeed. It's all very subjective, I know, but I'd put them on a par with the strings that come as original equipment on the cheap painted Mahalos.

John Colter.

Thanks , I thought they would be too good to be true at the price

Look forward to seeing what Paul thinks when he gets his Bruko. By the way what a bargain they are, I'm tempted but I want a Tenor next

Brukos seem to be a matter of personal taste. It is best to try any uke before buying, if possible, but this applies especially to Brukos. Those who DO like them are very keen, but some don't like them at all.

Me? I like Marmite.

John Colter.

Dave - they make tenors too!

Oh dear!

At the moment I'm thinking about an Ohana Tenor, only because I can go and try it first. I am a very firm believer in trying instruments before buying , you don't always click with everything.
I want to check out the Ohanas Ponos Kalas etc at the Southern Ukulele store to try to find the right tenor. I'm always interested in others views but really have to play it first

I agree with that policy, but for £90, and a host of nice reviews, I'm prepared to gamble. If I seriously seriously dont like, it'll go on ebay as new, and probably make its money.

That's the right attitude, Paul. I'm a bit of a gambler myself when buying ukes. I've only got one that I would not have bought if I'd been able to try it first, and that one is very nice - just a bit quiet - so I play it late at night.

John Colter.

I just have to careful as she who buys shoes and Handbags will be on my case. I already have more guitars than you can shake a stick at and now the Uke bug has bitten, they will be also mounting up. I would just like to get a tenor now and want to try to find the right one. I'm up for a gamble but with the Southern Ukulele Store reasonably close it would be worth going to have a try, I'll also probably try Ukuleles I hadn't considered..... each to his own I guess.

If you come to Farnham, Kluson, don't try Clare's KoAloha tenor! It is a beauty - you'll want one.

John Colter.

Hi John

They do indeed look really nice, but then everything does, At the moment I just love them all, I think a collection can easily mount up and assemble itself without too much trying!!

see you in Farnham I hope
cheers
Dave

I agree with that policy, but for £90, and a host of nice reviews, I'm prepared to gamble. If I seriously seriously dont like, it'll go on ebay as new, and probably make its money.
I hadn't realised they were this price. I'm looking for a Soprano for up to £100 and would be tempted by one of these were it not for the fact that they all have Maple fingerboards, YUK.
Ian.

you can get Hubert to make one with whatever neck you like - sadly not for£100 though..

Top Bottom