Yet another help me decide thread...

Skrik

Reaction score
This time it is not what uke, it's what colour?

I want a Makala Dolphin to take to school. It'll get passed around, as my boring beat up Richwood is every time I take it in; but it should also inspire the kids to bug their parents to buy them a cool ukulele like their [insert adjective of your choice here] teacher has. (I see a ukulele club at some point, but only when I'm asked by a critical mass of kids. (The school doesn't have the budget for financing instrument purchases, and we're not allowed to even suggest that the parents buy anything.))

08126174534.jpg

So, with this in mind, which colour would you choose?

One that matches school colors. also might want to add some stickers, school name, mascot etc. I had a guitar that i had customized like that hanging in my office for years before i retired. I was at a high school and the kids loved it, they knew they could come in and borrow it any time. I gave it to a great kid who could not afford a guitar when I left.

for me -purple, green, yellow, red... in that order.

Am waiting for total confirmation as to when the new plastic Makalas arrive in UK. cost that is the one I want!

I'd suggest the red because that appeals to both the girls and boys. It's cute enough for those that like pretty colours but not too cutsie for those allergic to that.

The school color idea has legs

I think the school color thought is pretty good. I just hope it's yellow. Buy a big ol' happy face sticker and stick it on the back. Cause ukes' are happy. :)

My family has

Purple

Pink

Orange burst

Sparkle Black

Orange burst is the coolest, but the black it all sparkly :D

The purple and pink are a bit soft for my taste.

I recently bought a pink one for the ten year old daughter of a friend.....she LOVES it. I have to say, when I had it before I gave it to her, I kept playing it and was amazed at how fun it was to play.

If I were getting one to own for myself, I would get the blue one....I thought it looked cool with the dolphin because it looked like water.

No matter what, you will have a lot of fun with it.

Red is an aggressive color. Not good for a classroom setting. Blue tends to bring on headaches. Purple is a mix of red and blue... so ya know. I guess green could be ok, but then there's the Thursday taboo. Yellow makes things near it look nicer. Go with yellow!:)

I got this one for my sister-in-law. It's the metallic blue color. Very nice in person. Not too flashy. Just a really great, cheerful color. And it looks great with the Dolphin Bridge. My second choice is the green.
-Lori

Attachments

• metallic_bllue_dolphin.jpg
    metallic_bllue_dolphin.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 5
These things scream to be customized. I say pick a base color and go to town!

Orange burst, red, yellow in that order.

Blue ukes are louder.

I got this one for my sister-in-law. It's the metallic blue color. Very nice in person. Not too flashy. Just a really great, cheerful color. And it looks great with the Dolphin Bridge. My second choice is the green.
-Lori

wow that one is awesome, get that

Decided for me

I think this has been unwittingly decided for me by my elder daughter, who wants an unpainted ukulele rather than a coloured one. This means that the black sparkly Makala that has been residing under my bed for the last month or so is unwanted for Christmas, and will thus find its way into school with me.

Thanks for all the replies, guys.

I got the orange burst and love it :)

Top Bottom