Help me find a nice sounding ukulele with a pickup

seabug

Reaction score
I started playing ukulele a couple months ago, and I absolutely love it. I started with a Kala KA-S from MGM, and while I am super impressed with the quality and sound for the price, I need a new ukulele that can be amplified for playing gigs.

Assuming my budget is around $200-300, what is a nice sounding ukulele that has a pick up installed and can be played both electrically and acoustically? The type/brand of uke doesn't really matter, as long as it sounds nice and amplifies and fits my price range.

Another thing is that I'm in Canada, which leaves out a few dealers who either don't ship internationally or have really high shipping fees. Buying from MGM was a really good experience, so I would be pleased to buy from him again, but if not that is fine too.

Thank you so much!

Mainland ukes are good they install pickups :) I got mine with an Mi-Si pickup mainland mahogany tenor all in all it was 368 bucks but I'm not sure what size you like, i'm guessing you want smaller which would be cheaper. The Mi-Si is also 50 dollars more than the actual original price of the uke so total it was 358 and 10 more for shipping.

Mainlandukuleles.com

:) Good quality for the price. (Don't know if they'd ship to canada throw them an e-mail their customer support is really really good)

I started playing ukulele a couple months ago, and I absolutely love it. I started with a Kala KA-S from MGM, and while I am super impressed with the quality and sound for the price, I need a new ukulele that can be amplified for playing gigs.

Assuming my budget is around $200-300, what is a nice sounding ukulele that has a pick up installed and can be played both electrically and acoustically? The type/brand of uke doesn't really matter, as long as it sounds nice and amplifies and fits my price range.

Another thing is that I'm in Canada, which leaves out a few dealers who either don't ship internationally or have really high shipping fees. Buying from MGM was a really good experience, so I would be pleased to buy from him again, but if not that is fine too.

Thank you so much!

For $50 past your max you can get this http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?p=261415#post261415
I bought this ukulele for almost $800 and I sold it to Nurpin for more than he wants to sale it. I sold it to raise money for an 8 string. I want it back but I'm just temporary lacking funds.

Top Bottom