Please, I need help

MrHpapy

Reaction score
G'day,

I am a "noobie". Is that how you say it? I find that I am always logging on to UU and finding heaps of cool stuff and useful advice.

How do I find time to again practise my uke playing??? :confused:

Cheers,
Mark

ha well it really depends on your schedule man
me personally i pretty much play it first thing in the morning and last thing at night, pretty much always have time then
and then just on and off during the day when i can

but one thing that's great about the uke is it's so tiny you can bring it around anywhere and as long as you're not too busy, okay it while you eat lunch or something

i dunno, just a suggestion
hope ya find the time

Leave your uke sitting out in a room that you're in often and pick it up whenever you can. Even a minute or two here and there can add up to a lot of practice time over a week. A big part of what you're practicing is not really musical: it's muscle memory. You're teaching your fingers where the frets are, how wide the neck is, how much pressure the strings need, etc. You can practice this sort of thing even while you're doing something else like watching TV or checking your email.

Thanks for the advice. I have often wondered about taking my uke to work. My office is in the Melbourne CBD (i work for the State Gov't). There is a nearby park that I could go to.
My uke is always close by at home. I will pick it up more often than not.

Once you start learning songs, you can't wait to pick it up. If you see something on UU that really pertains to something you're working on, it's even worse.

So pack a lunch to take with you to the park and spend most of your lunch break practicing. :)

That's a great routine, it also get's you out of the office for a while too. Gives you a proper break and helps clear the mind and you go back to the office in a much better frame of mind

Keep a spare uke in the car (or bring your main uke with you in the car).

One man's stop light is another man's practice time. :D

JJ

The Park is Perfect

Like some of the other suggestions above, I keep a uke at work and take it to the park at lunch on nice days. If I get to work early, I'll pick it up too.

That's a great routine, it also get's you out of the office for a while too. Gives you a proper break and helps clear the mind and you go back to the office in a much better frame of mind

+1 - my spare one sits in the car so at lunch time I'm not sitting by the phone. Some days its the only thing that keeps me on the road to work :D.....

G'day,

Thanks for the replies guys. (heh, I'm a poet and didn't know it).

Guess what? It's Monday morning here and yes, I have brought my uke to work!! :D

Mark.

on the back of this thread, and on the back of a sh*t time at work at the moment, I have resolved to take my Flea to work tomorrow, and at lunchtime, do something i rarely do... take time out, go to the car with a sandwich and have a strum.

On Sunday, I took my daughter to dancing lessons, and for one reason or another, needed to hang around for 45 mins rather than do something else whilst waiting. I took my Uke, it was raining, car park was packed. I sat in my drivers seat strumming in a steamed up car - I was getting looks from other drivers - I was sat feeling totally relax

Dammit, I love the Uke, and I love this thread, as my Uke is going to work with me tomorrow!!

Dammit, I love the Uke, and I love this thread, as my Uke is going to work with me tomorrow!!

G'day,

Well I have just arrived back in the office. I took my uke to the park and dammit I'm glad that I did. I achieved three things: a walk in the fresh air, time out; and some practice to boot.

I highly recommend you take your ukes to work!

I took a photo of the park with the camera thingy in my cell phone but everything appears way in the distance; so i won't publish the pic.

Top Bottom