Worths on Kala Mango Soprano

kluson

Reaction score
OK I changed the Aquilas on the Maple body Spruce top Kala Soprano with amazing results, I have just switched the mango to the other half's of the Worths and guess what .....that one too has come alive, the mids are more controlled with a much greater depth to the sound, bottom end is more defined and top end a little less harsh and with a somewhat more gentle rounded sound.
Again the playability has improved, I think these Worth Strings really suit me and my Ukuleles
I am happy with the sound I get from the Mainland Concert but it6 also may get a change.
Hope this is of Value to anyone with a brash sounding Kala with Spruce or Mango

cheers
Dave

I switched from Aquila to Worth Clear on my Lanikai spruce and feel the same way. Which Worth strings are you using?

I'm using BM Browns and i have to say I love them. I know a lot of people here seem to really like the Aquilas but on the Sopranos I have I really didn't like them. I found them brash bright and nasal. I also didn't like the feel of them.
It's different on the Mainland Concert I have that makes a great sound, I am just tempted to change that to the Brown as well and see what happens!

Top Bottom