Senior Project Help!

Endrizzle

Reaction score
Heyyy. I'm new to this whole Forum deal, but I need assistance on my senior project. To graduate, we have to take a Senior Composition class where we do a culminating project on a topic of our choice in a period of about 4 months. We have to have research on our topic and a final product. Well. I'm having trouble on my project.

I've chosen to do my project on the ukulele. As my final product, I plan to play While My Guitar Gently Weeps in front of 3 judges. But the problem is, my teacher said this final product does not reflect my research. I've been researching about the history of the ukulele.

In a nutshell...
If keep the final product I've chosen, what research do I need to support the product?
Orrr, should I just change my final product into something else? Any ideas on what product would reflect the HISTORY of the ukulele?

Thanks in advance.

Perhaps a medley of songs reflecting popular styles of uke music through its history, culminating in "Gently Weeps" as an example of its 21st century resurgence?

Perhaps a medley of songs reflecting popular styles of uke music through its history, culminating in "Gently Weeps" as an example of its 21st century resurgence?

That is a great idea. I was going to suggest the same thing. You might be able to change your research to the evolution of the ukulele from a "toy" to a serious instrument but I don't think the uke is a toy. But the ukulele has definately evolved from a strumming accompany instrument to a serious instrument.

Will and Eller are right on! Take them on a journey of the uke through the ages...maybe a little Devil and the Deep Blue Sea to catch George Harrison? Some Five Foot Two? Even a bit of Tiny Tim? Then top it off with Gently Weeps (okay, that's George too, but made famous on the uke by Jake).

Oh wow, I didn't even think of that. Thank you so much. I really, really appreciate. All of you guys saved me a bunch of stress... thank you.

Btw! Are there any songs you guys might suggest? I mean, I know Jon listed some musicians, but any songs in particular?

Top Bottom