Oops - more greetings from the U of K

fivetide

Reaction score
How rude of me - I just began posting randomly without noticing or adding to the introductions thread - sorry about that.

I'm based in East Anglia and I've only been playing ukulele for a couple of months but I'm completely hooked. I have a mahogany soprano and I'm expecting a koa concert to arrive any moment now.

So far, apart from learning the basics and practising changing through chords as smoothly as possible, all I've really achieved is to learn a handful of tunes I like by Beirut, Bon Iver etc... My most recent addiction is strumming along to Nantes, which helped with my fan, mute and finding individual strings!

I have found this forum, ukulelereviews and the many and various uke owners who have recorded tips and tutorials on YouTube completely invaluable, as I'm not a particularly young dog and had never played an instrument of any kind before falling for the ukulele.

My biggest inspiration though, is of course Tia Kelley. :)

How rude of me - I just began posting randomly without noticing or adding to the introductions thread - sorry about that.

I'm based in East Anglia and I've only been playing ukulele for a couple of months but I'm completely hooked. I have a mahogany soprano and I'm expecting a koa concert to arrive any moment now.

So far, apart from learning the basics and practising changing through chords as smoothly as possible, all I've really achieved is to learn a handful of tunes I like by Beirut, Bon Iver etc... My most recent addiction is strumming along to Nantes, which helped with my fan, mute and finding individual strings!

I have found this forum, ukulelereviews and the many and various uke owners who have recorded tips and tutorials on YouTube completely invaluable, as I'm not a particularly young dog and had never played an instrument of any kind before falling for the ukulele.

My biggest inspiration though, is of course Tia Kelley. :)

Welcome! I'm also from that neck of the woods (sorta):) Where abouts in East Anglia are you based? If there's anything you need help with then feel free to drop me a PM

Afternoon. Nice to know there are some other strummers out there in this neck of the woods. I know there's an orchestra somewhere nearby, but I'm strictly playing for myself in the box room for another decade or so :)

I'm in Suffolk - Elephant Town!

Welcome fivetide. I'm a wee bit south of you, but I know Suffolk and Norfolk quite well.

Nice to see you. :)

I'm in Northants - give me a shout if you're ever heading out this way

Welcome. I never properly introduced myself either. Just started posting. Never got in trouble.

Thanks for the invite. Had some forum trouble but now joined the group.

My left finger tips tingle when I type - that's a good evening practice then!

Hi from another new member. What's the new uke that's on its way?

Top Bottom