Greetings from a Newbie

BillS

Reaction score
Name is Bill and I live in the wine country of Calif north of San Francisco.

I'm really brand new at this. It all started when I wanted to repair my fathers banjo uke. The head split and I need to replace it as well as a good general cleaning. I thought it would be fun to learn. In the meantime I bought an inexpensive Koloa soprano. It's just starting to hold tune and I'm learning a few chords.. basically learning to play a few songs in C.

I'm really considering buying a Lanikai CK-T or a Lanikai NK-T. If you have any comments on the above two, I'd appreciate them.

Bill, Healdsburg, CA
My Woodcarvings and Photos: www.picturetrail.com/chips

You're in the right place. Tons of cool people here to help. I'm pretty new too so I can't offer much help. Welcome to UU.:)

Welcome, Bill.

Lanikai are generally well regarded as modest level ukes. I think there's been one recent criticism of fit and finish on the board, but overwhelmingly mostly positive comments. Maybe consider Kala as an additional option?

Last edited:
Welcome, Bill! :shaka:

Hey, I've been to Healdsburg. Cool town!

Welcome!

JJ

Thanks for the nice welcome....

Didn't go with the Lanikai.. I wound up getting a Kala Tenor.. the Acacia model.. Love it. Just found out that Kala is located just a couple of towns south of me. Met Mike last night at a concert he helped put on. Wow, he donated about 7 or 8 ules as raffle prizes for a benefit.. some one of a kind.

So, now I have two ukes.. the Koloa soprano and the Kala tenor. I think in the near future I'll sell the Koloa and get a Kala soprano.. beautiful sound

Welcome to UU Bill. I was once a newbie not too long ago. You are in the right spot.

Thanks Hank.. yep.. there are a ton of nuggets here. I'm taking my time searching 'em out 'n learnin... :)

Top Bottom