first uke song in a fingerpicking style?

raecarter

Reaction score
Morning all or after/evening lol. Hopefully my concert uke will arrive soon from mgm! I have a question, I can play acoustic guitar to an ok standard so think it wont take me ages to learn the uke. Can you suggest a song that you think I should tackle first on the uke in a fingerpicking style? I do not know any trad uke songs so a chart hit would be helpful. Thanks everyone on advance. Rae

Hi-
I've only been playing for about 6 months myself (so am definitely a beginner) - but recently picked up a book (comes with a CD also) that is a combination of finger-picking and chords and although I personally am taking it slow - I bet it would be a good way to get started finger-picking on a uke - so it'd probably be enough of a challenge to work through if you already play guitar - but all of the songs in the book looked like they'd keep any uke beginner or intermediate player busy for a while.

Lyle Lite: 16 Easy Chord Solos [With CD]
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lyle-Lite-Jumpin-Ukulele-Masters/dp/1423437810/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1259078157&sr=8-1

Another good finger-picking uke book: Learn to Play Fingerstyle Solos for Ukulele [With CD]
Good luck!

Oh, and what kind of concert uke did you get from MGM??

:cheers:

Top Bottom