PDA

View Full Version : Send A Soldier A Thank You

Melissa82
11-24-2009, 06:49 AM
http://www.letssaythanks.com

This website gives you an opportunity to send a free printed post card to U.S Military Personnel stationed overseas showing your support and appreciation for their service.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the soldiers received a bunch of these? Whether you are for or against the war, our soldiers over there need to know we are behind them.

Again, it is free and only takes a second to complete. :)

-----
http://www.operationchristmastree.com/

"The deadline to donate for specific soldiers has been extended to December 1st. We are still $6,000 short to cover the cost of the shipping for 3200 trees that we have. If we are unable to raise these funds some of the trees will not make it to our service members in Iraq and Afghanistan. Donations received after December 1st will be added to the donation fund for Operation Christmas Tree 2010."

Please donate if you can. :) I really want my husband to get his tree!

kailua
11-24-2009, 07:00 AM
Thanks for this oppurtunity. When I was in the Army overseas, I lived for those letters, cards, care packages, ANYTHING!

Raygf
11-24-2009, 08:49 AM
Done! Thank you for posting the link. I do my best to remember that we have troops in harms way and wish for them peace, health and safety.
Regards,
Ray

gnordenstam
11-24-2009, 08:51 AM
Great idea. When my kids were younger and in Cub Scouts, we used to make and send Valentine's Day Cards to the VA Hospital.

I've sent an email to my friends and family with the URL and just sent a card myself.
--G

Melissa82
11-24-2009, 08:54 AM
I've sent an email to my friends and family with the URL and just sent a card myself.
--GThat's great!

Thanks for taking the time to do this everyone. :)

seeso
11-24-2009, 09:00 AM
Thanks for letting us know about this, Melissa. My message has been added to the queue.

itsme
11-24-2009, 09:16 AM
Thanks for posting this, Melissa! Be sure to tell your husband how much we appreciate his service. :)

And you don't have to stop at one card!

Q: How many cards can I send?
A: Please feel free to visit LetsSayThanks.com often and send as many cards as you wish. We only ask that you pick a different design each time, so that the troops receive a variety of cards.

Melissa82
11-24-2009, 09:17 AM
Thanks for posting this, Melissa! Be sure to tell your husband how much we appreciate his service. :)

And you don't have to stop at one card!Ohhh, I totally missed that part! Thanks for pointing it out. :)

Big_e
11-24-2009, 11:24 AM
Thank you for posting this link Melissa. Please thank your husband for all of us here in the Underground.
I said it once and will say it again. Because of the sacrifices of the men and women of our armed forces, I am able to live in peace and security. I'm able to walk down any street in my town and not worry about passing checkpoints set up by an invading or occupying army. I'll never be harrassed by thugs and secret police demanding to see my papers.
Ernest

Melissa82
11-26-2009, 02:45 PM
I just sent one of these. Only have a couple days left!

bunnyflower
11-27-2009, 09:32 AM
Thank you for sharing this! I have family in the military too, and they deserve all the appreciation they can get!

Sending some now... :)

UkuLeLesReggAe
11-29-2009, 02:37 AM
Thanks for this oppurtunity. When I was in the Army overseas, I lived for those letters, cards, care packages, ANYTHING!

i'd send you a package ! :)

molokinirum
11-30-2009, 06:52 AM
Melissa, what a great site and an even greater thing to do. I sent several and have also forwarded on the site to others.
Thanks for letting us know about this!!!!:):):)

Melissa82
11-30-2009, 06:57 AM
Just a note! Operation Christmas Tree is still short $6,000 in order to send all of the trees out. Please donate if you can.

"The deadline to donate for specific soldiers has been extended to December 1st. We are still $6,000 short to cover the cost of the shipping for 3200 trees that we have. If we are unable to raise these funds some of the trees will not make it to our service members in Iraq and Afghanistan. Donations received after December 1st will be added to the donation fund for Operation Christmas Tree 2010."