NPR - - Zee Avi: Tiny Desk Concert

dominicfoundthemooon

Reaction score
sxsw-ii-010-450x300.jpg

from NPR

"November 23, 2009 - Malaysian-born singer-songwriter Zee Avi owes a large portion of her success to the Internet. Hers is an increasingly familiar but still noteworthy story: After posting a few songs on YouTube and MySpace, Avi was discovered by Patrick Keeler of the rock group The Raconteurs. Keeler, in turn, forwarded the songs to the manager of The White Stripes and The Shins. Within a month, Avi signed a deal with Brushfire Records, the label partially owned by singer Jack Johnson. She released her self-titled debut album earlier this year.

Here in this intimate Tiny Desk Concert set — a suitable venue for Avi's breezy and tender voice — she sings three hushed lullabies, including what has become one of her signature songs: Morrissey's "First of the Gang."

To watch last week's Tiny Desk Concert with Bowerbirds, click here."

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=120650097&sc=fb&cc=fp

i know seeso will love this... ha

d

I've been a fan and friend of Zee's for a couple of years now. I'm thrilled with the progress of her career. She was discovered on YouTube through her Christmas song, "No Christmas For Me."

I finally got the chance to meet her earlier this year. I tell the story in this thread. She's an absolute doll, with the voice of an island angel.

Seeso has a crush na na na na naaaa naa :D

Awesome story about how Seeso met Zee, I'm jealous. I remember first hearing about her on the Brushfire site and when I checked out her stuff, I was instantly in love. She's awesome. What an amazing voice. Great songs too. IMO, just all around AWESOME

Last edited:
If you buy Zee's album, you'll see that she thanks Seeso by name in her liner notes! Seeso, you rawk!
I'll raise you one on that...

my copy had a handwritten note "Thank you for your support, Seeso! <3"

;)

(but her CD is certainly one of the awesomest I have bought for a long time)

Top Bottom