Former life...

After nearly being crushed by one of his creations, luthier Pete Howlett was heard to say, "From here on out, it's nothing but ukuleles for me." ;)

Pretty amazing instrument, Pete, is that an original design, or is there a tradition?

Pete,

you make some of the sweetest looking ukes going, but that guitar...

They say the curves of a guitar are akin to the shape of a beautiful woman.

I'd cross the street, town, county, and swim the channel to avoid a girl shaped like that!

6sc

After building only two ukulele, I'm switching to building harp guitars! I'd have to morgage the house, car and kids just to buy enough wood!!

Very sweet build Pete--I wonder what it will sell for!

~Steve

yes Muriel Anderson is the best harp guitarist out there - unlike many of the blokes you see she is not limited in her compositional expertise. Although those slap and tap guys are very interesting the pieces are intensely boring for me to listen to and often fail to exploit the dynamic range of the instrument. I liked Michael Hedges also but sadly, he is gone....

I've had 4 personal requests for info about this instrument... what do you make of that? I couldn't play these things so goodness knows how others do it:D

I think you went a bit conservative on the case there. What happened to slim-fit???

;)

(although I do smell a "this is your chance to buy a harp guitar" undertone... :nana:)

I find this auction interesting for the fact it is only one of three harp guitars I built and I truly have little recollection of building any of them! It's got one bid which I think is amazing... I'd have thought this was a really hard sell.

I find this auction interesting for the fact it is only one of three harp guitars I built and I truly have little recollection of building any of them! It's got one bid which I think is amazing... I'd have thought this was a really hard sell.

I see that it was not a hard sell after all!

No I stayed in Cuyahoga falls for 17 months... best education I had - collection of 300 ukulele as well as 150 Gibson guitars, Kalamazoo and countles Lakeside, Stella, Wurlitzer, National originals by the dozen, banjos and some of the rarest Lyon and Healy creations ever to appear in that Washburn book...

Top Bottom