Vintage Martin ukes....in concert size?!

mailman

Knit-wit
UU VIP
Reaction score
I guess I'm just ignorant. Or maybe still too much of a noob. Some things just sneak up and smack me in the back of the head and yell, "SURPRISE"!!

I had absolutely no idea, until two or three days ago, that vintage Martins were made in concert size, as well as the sopranos and tenors that I had already seen. I don't know why I find this to be so surprizing, but I do. I have never seen mention before of vintage concerts of any make.

I know that vintage Martin sopranos have a stellar reputation as terrific players. But soprano is not my preferred size, due to my large hands. Now I've discovered Martin concerts! Available as style 0, 1, 2, 3 or 5....and in either solid mahogany or solid koa!

Oh, my. Oh, dear me. This can't be good for my UAS. Actually, this may not be good for my marriage.... :drool:

I guess I'm just ignorant. Or maybe still too much of a noob. Some things just sneak up and smack me in the back of the head and yell, "SURPRISE"!!

I had absolutely no idea, until two or three days ago, that vintage Martins were made in concert size, as well as the sopranos and tenors that I had already seen. I don't know why I find this to be so surprizing, but I do. I have never seen mention before of vintage concerts of any make.

I know that vintage Martin sopranos have a stellar reputation as terrific players. But soprano is not my preferred size, due to my large hands. Now I've discovered Martin concerts! Available as style 0, 1, 2, 3 or 5....and in either solid mahogany or solid koa!

Oh, my. Oh, dear me. This can't be good for my UAS. Actually, this may not be good for my marriage.... :drool:

Yup. I'd love a concert AND a vintage Martin tiple! :drool:

Couldn't believe it when I saw not 1, but 2 vintage Martin concerts for sale on eBay this week. They may even still be listed....

I thought I read somewhere that Martin made concerts in style 1 only. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I am far from knowledgeable about this. My friend has a vintage Martin concert that was his father's. He doesn't play it because he likes new....not vintage ukes!!!

Top Bottom