Belate intro

ukulelegal

Reaction score
far away from others who play ukulele...it sucks
I’m doing things backward as usual, it keeps things interesting. :p Hi my name is Jody and I am addicted to ukulele… It started out innocent like most things do. I was getting frustrated with my guitar. I had about 1 month of guitar lessons. My hand would suddenly become numb and refuse to work properly. So I put it up for a while. My sister had a ukulele…I asked if I could borrow it. That was it. There was no turning back. I was hooked. My sister revoked my borrowing privileges and I immediately went out and bought an Oscar Schmidt Spruce top concert uke (AKA:Oscar). It had some problems with buzzing but a hammer took care of that. Then I began to develop a mild case of UAS. I had fallen in love with my sister’s Kala (curly mango). So I took the blasted guitar in and traded it for a Kala tenor (AKA: Lola). And now I am happily torturing everybody I can with it. I am enjoying UU and learning lots! This is a great site and I will be sure to tell all my ukulele friends about it.

Last edited:
Glad to have to aboard! We're just a big friendly bowl of mixed nuts!

BTW, your vid shows you're off to a great start!

LoL.... it was only a jewelry hammer and I wrapped it with a soft cloth first. The 9th fret was not seated right and I didn't notice until after I bought it. So I tapped it gently back into submission. I think I did leave a minor blemish as a result of being a bit too zealous but it's barely noticeable. ;P Thanks for all the welcomes and encouragement. I really enjoy reading everyone's post and checking out their vids. ~Jody

That's when I like to say "Hand me the minor adjustment hammer" and enjoy the look on the face of my helper. :confused:
Yeah...I wasn't very happy. I think the uke is actually a factory second. I could have gotten it for half the price on Ebay. Live and learn. Oh well, by the time I paid shipping and handling it would have been almost as much and I need my ukulele fix. I couldn't wait for shipping. I drove almost two hours to get to the store to buy it.

Hiya Jody. :)

Hi Jody! Welcome to UU!! Glad you found the place. Hopefully I'll make it up to Lansing one of these days and get to meet you in person at L.A.U.G.H.

Hi Rick, Hi KP, thanks for the welcome. That would be great if you did make it to LAUGH KP. I can't make the December meeting due to my family Christmas being the same weekend. But I will be back in January. I can't believe how many people play ukulele in the Detroit/Lansing area! It's crazy. We have had about 75-100 different people show up to the meetings. I need to move south!

Top Bottom