New Bruko No 6 pictures

bazmaz

Reaction score
Arrived whilst at work - wifey took the pics - review will go in reviews section when I get home, change strings and give it a whirl

Love the look of it though - looks better in these pics than anything I saw online!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Not bad looking for 90 quid all solid wood!

Very nice! I love the headstock design, and the wood looks lovely. £90? A bargain. Looking forward to your review. Have fun with it. :)

Looks ace that. I like the headstock design too. I saw a vid on YT recently, a tutorial of something, could've swore it was a No 6 (same headstock and colour), but the fretboard seemed to be plastic.....is it?

I'm a complete novice btw, but dont you want to leave the original strings at least for a little while??

I like it. What type wood is used for the fretboard? The light color is cool. Also what is used for nut and saddle?

Thanks all - its a maple neck, not plastic. The nut and saddle are wood.

I love it.

As for trying out the strings - I did, they suck - putting some worths on later this evening.

When I say suck - i dont like the feel - and are way way to snappy and bright. Not much tension either.

I have heard one of the few complaints about Bruko is that they are a bit brash and bright - worths should help on that score.

The thing is impeccably made - cant fault it - really really smooth and precise

Congrats! That is a handsome uke. Out of curiosity, where did you get it from? I was able to find the Bruko website, but I was not able to find any place to order an instrument.

EDIT - Nevermind on this part...I somehow managed to miss the whole, "Online Store," button. lol.

I'm particularly excited to see your review, and perhaps how this uke stacks up compared to the fluke/flea. I'm in the market for a reasonably priced sorpano to fart around on (less than $200), and who could pass up a hand-made, solid wood uke for that price?

EDIT 2 - If only the exchange rate between the dollar and the euro wasn't so bad...le sigh.

Last edited:
Not to derail, but does anyone know where to get these in the US (aside from Bruko themselves)? I imagine shipping from Germany would probably not treat my wallet very nicely...;)

would treat your wallet about as kindly as us poor UK ukers buying from the US!!

We get it so rough over here...

seriously - email Hubert at Bruko for a price. even if they are pricey, for a handmade, solid wood uke, it cant be all bad!

I love the looks of these ukes! I have heard them on UTube and like the sound. I wish MGM would carry them! :D

I'd like to read how you compare the Brüko with your Mainland. You said you doubted it would compare favourably. Does it?

Top Bottom