Wikipedia

That is strange. I had added ukulele underground to the wikipedia entry for ukulele earlier but I guess someone removed it.

That is strange. I had added ukulele underground to the wikipedia entry for ukulele earlier but I guess someone removed it.

hmmm if thats true then someone doesn't like the underground.... :( i remember someone adding aldrine to it before though haha

There are some very anal people at wikipedia who don't like people adding any information about forums that they can't "verify." I remember we had this issue trying to create a page about Head-fi, and they kept removing it before we could fix it. Basically they don't like outsiders messing with the pages, and how you stop being an outsider is to just hang out there exclusively.

They probably think you're shilling for your forum, and how to convince them otherwise is difficult. The people editing tend to work against you rather than tell you what it is they're looking for.

thats how i found this site in the first place.

They probably think you're shilling for your forum, and how to convince them otherwise is difficult. The people editing tend to work against you rather than tell you what it is they're looking for.

I'll just have to be persistent and keep an eye on it -- I'm working on other areas there too, so if this is not my 'only' edit, it will probably stick. :rolleyes:

Yup, my site got pulled too and I had to put it back on. Don't know if it's somone doing it or just Wikipedia removing it. Yeah, I'll keep an eye on this for sure!! For my site and UU!! UU Rocks!! :D

What happens is that the documents don't meet some wiki guidelines, or rather that is what they'll say in a snarky way if you ask in the wiki discussions. But the editors that we worked with, seem to prefer working against you rather than actually pointing you in the right direction to get a page that conforms to wiki standards. I guess they feel like everyone should know what the editors want. What it becomes is a contest of wills when it's supposed to be more about getting information out there.

Top Bottom